FAST is a organization of cars that might suit some of you guys well.  Do what ever you want to your engine to get the maximum out of it, but the car has to appear stock and run on tires that would have been stock at the date of production.  Factory Appearing Stock Tires.  Check them out.  Watch a hemi powered 'Cuda run on 14" bias ply tires.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

On 2/15/2020 at 4:10 AM, RockinRiviDad said:

...HazDaz said it best. The “Us vs Them” mentality or segregation is not gonna do the classic car community any good

Post like yours are exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote my complaint a few days ago. 

Some of you guys are saying "oh, well the site isnt really gonna delete these posts" or " we are safe here in ROA-land" but you guys are missing the point.  If the rules are there, then the threat is there that you can come in here looking to update your ongoing thread about the disc brakes you added to your car, or the aftermarket paintjob or something like that and find that it has been deleted.  Posting pics of a long build and writing up what you did takes time and effort.  This is one of the reasons this site is so great because guys are willing to do all that for the betterment of the community (and n00bs like myself thank you guys for all that effort),  but you better believe those same guys would be pissed if they found out their photos and instructions were deleted because it didn't meet some silly site requirements about being stock.  

It's just a dumb rule to enact even if they never fully act on it.  It needlessly creates division.

It's like a local town putting up 25 MPH speed limit signs.  As a resident you know they'll never pull you over for going 30 or 35, but the threat is still there that one day some cop looking to fill his quota is gonna pull you over.  It just doesnt sit right with me.

• Like 3

Just read the post above and thought about Loins Club meetings where they shake the can with quarters every time you do something inappropriate. Every member could submit their PayPal card or equivalent and be charged $0.25 for writing about modifications, extra quarter for each picture. A pop up for each occurrence would make it just as annoying as one of those meetings.

We'd be rich just seeing pictures of that '59 flat top. 😁

I have 8.20 X 15's on it instead of the correct 8.00's. But I take the side streets in town  and stay away from Main ST. Seems to work OK.

Oh! I used gloss paint on the torque, too.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Just read the post above and thought about Loins Club meetings where they shake the can with quarters every time you do something inappropriate.

Never been to a Loins Club meeting.  What's the dress code? And what could possibly be inappropriate?

A loincloth for sure.  Tarzan as the role model.

I did a couple of presentations for the. Casual business attire for me. Most can rattling was for the potty mouth ones. No Carol Burnett imitations but a couple of Cheetah imitators tried to distract me.... maybe.

I was invited back so I did something entertaining. I talked about government regulations. They raised quite a bit of money in that can.

In my world there are certain rules that are meant to be broken.  This is one of them. My rivi is not a restomod  nor does it have anything that is not factory but if it did i would post it and even more so after a stupid rule like this was being imposed. I would not jist leave. Bills car is beautiful,i like looking at it and other members like rockinrividad  david have contributed one hell of alot. Driving members like that out over a pety a$$ rule will surely kill this forum as well as be a loss to the acca

• Like 2

Again totally agree.   I, as many of you know, have owned my '64 Riv. since new. For the most part it's stock, BUT you are not going to run a 13.902ET@98mph if yours were completely stock.  I drive my car to enjoy. NOT what some rules will allow me to do.

Will I leave because of this NO NO NO!!!!!   NOT until the time comes that I will be reprimanded if I don't do certain things

I, as well as MANY others, have contributed to this forum with the knowledge we have all gained threw all these years.

Are my FEELINGS HURT???? NOT personally. Do I care????   Of course I do or I wouldn't be here.

To those who are leaving just because of some rules that may or may not apply to you I feel you are doing the wrong thing & over reacting.

Re-think your thoughts.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Tom T.

• Like 2

I stopped in because someone told me a person was looking for help and I may have an answer.   Then I found this.  Call it what you will, I used this forum extensively in the rebuilding of my Riv back in the day.  I took a car from the grave, having not moved in a dirt field for 14 years and gave it life again.    Was it restoration quality, not by any means.  Did I modify a few things to make it custom, yes.

Did I learn a ton...YES, did I meet some great people and make a few friends, YES.   That should be the focus, education and friendly sharing of info....what someone does with that info is up to the.

If a 'restoration' only mantra is put in place, this will really slow traffic and many are going to find other sources of data.

Just my opinion

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1