73 buick century for sale NICE driver!!

Guest RACEBUICKS

My neighbor lady has a nice '73 for sale. Good body and interior. Original 455, high miles but runs great. $500.

E-mail me at music38ebay@yahoo.com if you want details on my neighbors car.

I can't see any Century selling for over $1500 unless it's excellant.

Guest RACEBUICKS

Its too bad 73 centurys didnt come with 455s original unless its a GRAN SPORT Regal DUH!

If your going to bad mouth my car and post other cars just use your name unless your that kind of chicken sh-- person!!

I'm the one who made the first post. I wasn't badmouthing your car. In fact I like it very much. I just don't like well enough to pay $2500 for it. I offered you $1800 for it back in February after it didn't sell on Ebay. I've seen it on Ebay 2 or 3 times previous and it never got much higher than $800-1000. I'm sure you know, 73-77 a-bodies don't have much of a collector car following and probably never will, not to the extent that the 68-72's have. I was just suggesting (ok, maybe somewhat sarcastically) that if you really want to sell it, you may need to come down on your price.

Oh and btw, according to the information I have on the 73 Centuries, a 455 (4bbl single exhaust) was available on all coupe models except the Century-350 model (ie: Century, Luxus and Regal).

Obviously you don't know much about Buicks, since the '73's did come with 455's. In fact, many of them did. So... DUH! (or is that double DUH! ?)

My neighbor bought hers new. She sold it tonight for $350. It was an "8" on a scale of 1-10.

And since there were sooo many Century's made, and their appeal is little, they are dirt cheap. I haven't seen a 455 Century sell for over $1500 ever. 350 Century's are a dime a dozen.

By the way, I'm not bad mouthing any car, just sharing information.

Guest n2buick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Obviously you don't know much about Buicks </div></div>

Mike doesn't know much about Buicks? Now thats funny. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I guess I wanted to step in here, since I have a '73 G.S. Stage 1... Truthfully, anything past '72 in a GM "A" body, IS rare due to their "uncollectability", and how so many folk just junked them. Rare doesn't necessarily translate to increased "collectibility". Just for giggles, try and do a search for a "73 +" A body on on the Collector Car Trader and see how many you come up with vs a any year Skylark. I DO agree that the '73's and later will never be as collectible as the 60's-72 "A" Bodies, however, to say they are a dime a dozen I believe is incorrect....and again kinda irrelevent to me since I LIKE my '73. Old saying goes is you get what you like and damn whatever the other folk want.....be it a '74 VW Beetle or a '69 Skylark G.S. Stage 1 unless your in it strictly as an investment type collector.

Hey - if you can't sell it for what ya want, ya keep it...which is BuickRacer's perogative. Good, bad, or indifferent - its his car and to argue with him about his price is to me, is a little riduculous. Ya make an offer, and either ya walk away with the car - or he still has it. That goes for anybody's car - no matter the "collectability" of it. Ya ever seen how many plain jane, overly abundant '69-'72 Chevelles you see out there that are going easily for 15 grand plus ? To me, not worth it.......but obviously to someone, a good price. And I'll tell you, I've seen plenty just sitting for that price for over 2 years until someone comes along and feels its worth the price to them. Ya throw the dice and see what comes up...either as buyer or seller.

Guest RACEBUICKS

Well I thought before I would post i would research this fact of 455's in the century and according to the book I use to write insurance value appraisals by Which is know for its facts the Century was not available with a 455 unless it had the option code for a GS455 which makes it a GS not a std century with a 455. I cant even find proof that one was ordered from the factory with a 455 without GS badges (yet)..............WOW I must not know what Im talking about