Chrysler wire wheel colour.

OpenReach

Hi keiser31.. Thanks for the info.. And yes the radiator cap is for a Plymouth. I have a Gazelle but it's too big. For the next size up Chrysler imperial I suspect. I read somewhere that the Gazelle is the same size and it's only the base that's different. Any thoughts on this?

Regards Kevin

39 minutes ago, OpenReach said:

Hi keiser31.. Thanks for the info.. And yes the radiator cap is for a Plymouth. I have a Gazelle but it's too big. For the next size up Chrysler imperial I suspect. I read somewhere that the Gazelle is the same size and it's only the base that's different. Any thoughts on this?

Regards Kevin

I believe there are at least two different gazelles. Here is the one with the hole behind the legs....it also has notches on the antlers....

Picture 9575.jpg

Picture 9577.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Two different bases in 1931 and two maybe three different gazelles. The one Kaiser shows is the largest with the two unique features mentioned. Check what No your base has underneath, and we can tell whether it is for your car or if you will need to downsize.

The '31 Gazelle casting was same for both 6's and 8's, but the bases were larger for the 8's which also had a larger radiator and shell. The 8cyl base has an outer diameter of approx 2&13/16", and I think the 6cyl was closer to 2&7/16". I believe the Gazelle with the opening in legs was for later model year, perhaps '32/'33. 

Kevin,

I found the right color of "cream" for the wheels, at our True Value hardware store (their own brand), and "rattle canned" mine last spring.

Re the gazelle, I was told the one keiser31 posted with the notched antlers and open area at the front legs was reserved for the Imperils.

Don't know if this is true or not, but I could get REAL interested in purchasing that one...........

Mike in Colorado

1931_chrysler_imperial_4_door_sedan_limousine_5eb80cf29b.jpg

41 minutes ago, FLYER15015 said:

Kevin,

I found the right color of "cream" for the wheels, at our True Value hardware store (their own brand), and "rattle canned" mine last spring.

Re the gazelle, I was told the one keiser31 posted with the notched antlers and open area at the front legs was reserved for the Imperils.

Don't know if this is true or not, but I could get REAL interested in purchasing that one...........

Mike in Colorado

1931_chrysler_imperial_4_door_sedan_limousine_5eb80cf29b.jpg

Sold that cap a while back.

Fab looking car Mike.. I live in New Zealand down under (the home of the Kiwi bird). Unfortunately we don't have a True Value hardware here but I can get any number of paint colours made, it's just that there are soo many of them...

A colour chart from a Chrysler archive could be asking too much.

Regards Kevin

Kevin,

I cannot tell you that mine is the "correct" colour (for our British brothers), but my car was refurbished back in 1980, and all I did was try to match what was on her.

I can tell you that the colour is more of a cream than a yellow

Mike in Colorado

On 2/12/2020 at 1:10 PM, Gunsmoke said:

The '31 Gazelle casting was same for both 6's and 8's, but the bases were larger for the 8's which also had a larger radiator and shell. The 8cyl base has an outer diameter of approx 2&13/16", and I think the 6cyl was closer to 2&7/16". I believe the Gazelle with the opening in legs was for later model year, perhaps '32/'33. 

I believe it was going on a 1933 Imperial.