SOLD-New 1963-1965 Stabilizer/Sway Bar Links

Riviera63

For sale are a pair of new stabilizer/sway bar links. These were included with the Addco front sway bar I bought. These are shorter than the OEM links. I was told by Tom Telesco (telriv) that these will work just fine. I decided to go with longer links as Tom T. said they would give a somewhat softer ride than the shorter ones. Turbinator (Bob Burnopp) has these on his car now and has not had any problems. These may fit other years and models as well. $15.00 shipped. PM me if interested. Thanks.

Bill

IMG_5823.JPG

Edited by Riviera63
revise text (see edit history)

???

How can the length of a link affect the softness of your ride?  The diameter of the bar is supposed to do that. Why put a bigger stabilizer bar on your car then want to soften it? 

Am I confused or just getting too old.  (A rhetorical question- please refrain from answering. Thanks.)

Ed

16 hours ago, RivNut said:

???

How can the length of a link affect the softness of your ride?  The diameter of the bar is supposed to do that. Why put a bigger stabilizer bar on your car then want to soften it? 

Am I confused or just getting too old.  (A rhetorical question- please refrain from answering. Thanks.)

Ed

Ed,

Please do not shoot the messenger. As I stated above this info was given to me by Tom Telesco(telriv). Turbinator(Bob Burnopp) alerted me to the fact that the links provided with the Addco front sway bar were shorter than the originals. Tom T. was with Bob B. when he installed the sway bar and the links. He told Bob that the shorter links would not cause a problem. To date they have not. Out of curiosity I PM'd Tom T. and asked him what the difference the longer link would be as opposed to the shorter link.This is what he said:

Bill,

More than likely a slighter softer ride.  The short links don't require as much articulation of the suspension.

ALSO to let you know I've been in CONSTANT contact with ADDCO.  I will be taking my rear bar off & sending it to them for an EXACT match that I worked on with someone else some 50 or so years ago.  WE WILL GET THE CORRECT REAR BAR IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO.

Tom T.

Right or wrong my take on what Tom was saying was that the shorter link allowed less up and down movement of the suspension hence a somewhat harder ride. Again right or wrong I was under the impression a sway bar affects back and forth movement or roll not softness or hardness of the ride.

If you have any further concerns please contact Tom for clarification. Thanks.

Bill

Edited by Riviera63 (see edit history)

In my mind the shorter links does not allow enough suspension articulation before they start re-acting when they are that short.  I sent a longer set to Bob Burnopp.  Lets see what he has to say & IF my theory is correct as he has been stating that he feels his car is a "Bit" too tight.

Tom T.

P.S._ one thing I've noticed with all the poly sway bars links.  Even when you use the lock nuts provided they have a tendency to loosen up & you lose the links.  So my suggestion is to use a nut against the locking nut & tighten securely to prevent the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1