SOLD- 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Two Door Sedan

Posting this for my grandfather. Car is located in Lake Wales, Florida.

For sale: 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Two Door Sedan. Showing just over 93,000 original miles. Exterior red paint shows very well and gray interior is in excellent condition. Runs excellent with the original flathead V-8 that has been rebuilt and manual three speed on the column. A restoration was completed in 2004. White wall tires are in good condition. An aftermarket radio has been installed. New six volt battery just installed this year. Extensive maintenance records have been kept on all work completed on the car over the past several years.

Asking price is $13,500.

47 Ford.jpeg

D7E2CA0A-8517-4419-B083-24F0767DA7C4.jpeg

D7908F41-E232-4441-BDAB-7CF819EF7703.jpeg

013EB6F1-F12E-4F98-B0D8-785A8B69882A.jpeg

Edited by parkertom
Sold (see edit history)
  • Like 2

That's a beautiful car and I would be interested in buying it.  However I live in southern California and the shipping would be costly!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, deac said:

That's a beautiful car and I would be interested in buying it.  However I live in southern  California and the shipping would be costly!

Keep in mind a car like this will cost you more if you bought it in California, and the price is negotiable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Go get it and drive it across the country before the hot weather sets in. Slow, scenic back roads, running all synthetic lubricants, the car should make it just fine. Plenty of '47 Fords have done so with primitive lubricants compared to the state-of-the-art synthetics of today. And most of those crossings spent a great many miles on rough, dusty, washboard gravel roads. Go for it ! What fun !   -   Carl 

P.S. Here I am driving a beater, unrestored Cadillac, 20 years older than that Ford. Original, no new bearings, valves or rings. Does have a new radiator, make sure the Ford is cooling properly and has good synthetic oil pressure. This picture is on the Pearblossom out of P'dale headed to Vic'ville on the way to 'Vegas 4 years ago. 2700 miles to and around. If we could make it, you will too.  -   CC 

F29B7550-7081-4F30-90F9-4E1F01DAF4D1.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 1:23 PM, deac said:

Go get it and drive it across the country before the hot weather sets in. Slow, scenic back roads, running all synthetic lubricants, the car should make it just fine. Plenty of '47 Fords have done so with primitive lubricants compared to the state-of-the-art synthetics of today. And most of those crossings spent a great many miles on rough, dusty, washboard gravel roads. Go for it ! What fun !   -   Carl 

P.S. Here I am driving a beater, unrestored Cadillac, 20 years older than that Ford. Original, no new bearings, valves or rings. Does have a new radiator, make sure the Ford is cooling properly and has good synthetic oil pressure. This picture is on the Pearblossom out of P'dale headed to Vic'ville on the way to 'Vegas 4 years ago. 2700 miles to and around. If we could make it, you will too.  -   CC 

Carl,

You're comments inspire to do just that and I have kicked your idea around; but I decided not with this '47 Ford.  I just don't have the time! 

But nonetheless it would a great adventure.

Chris

PS:  If I still owned that '40 Pontiac to the left pictured under my name I would not hesitate.  That was a sweet car... 

Edited by deac (see edit history)

You are absolutely right, Chris. If time is tight, best not to take the chance. But my biggest automotive regret is that I didn't drive my other old Cad, the '24, from Eastern Ohio to Seattle back in '90. I had the time and the health to do it. The car would have needed some preparation, but that could have been done over Winter as we waited for the snow in the Rockies to end.   Next life.   -   Carl 

My grand father and uncle worked on the Ford assembly lines in Detroit and Windsor in those days so I have Ford in family so I had to buy it!  I've own old Buick's and Pontiac's before but haven't owned an old Ford before. There will be a bit of a learning curve here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The '47 Ford was delivered yesterday. Hats off to the seller for representing the car honestly. The car actually was in better condition that I expected!

IMG_20200309_163050237_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200309_162929048_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Just an update on my '47...

Upon receiving the car off the transporter I found brake fluid splattered on the inside wall of the front left tire. I replaced the front brakes including the cylinders and drums. Checked and the rear brakes found axle grease dripping out on to the brakes. Pulled the rear axle tubes out and replaced the seals and then rebuilt the rear brakes! Replaced the brake fluid, engine oil & filter, rear end fluid and the trans fluid. Pulled the plugs, which looked good, and put new autolite's in.

Next I replaced the front carpet with the correct front rubber mat. The paint wore off the left and right interior door window garnishes so I prepped them and sent those out for paint. Polished all of the chrome and stainless. Removed the hub caps and wet sanded the wheels.

It's is a work in process with more to go. It's not been too expensive but I have a lot of labor in it; which is a labor of love.

• Like 2

Oh yeah, I have to say paint and chrome is in very nice shape.  I was impressed when I was look at the paint and my plans to reinvigorate the paint to the point of needing sun glasses...LOL

I toy with the idea of putting Edelbrock or H&H heads and twin carburetors on it.  Has anyone done that and if so is there a recognizable difference in the engine performance?  I know it will look cool but it would be a chunk of money to do it.