Sign in to follow this  
Riviera63

1963 Riviera Power Bucket Seat Lower Trim Wanted And Help

I just found out a couple of days ago by accident that the 63-65 Rivieras with power seats had trim that attached to the lower portion of the seat to hide the track and other things. I have read other threads and have a pretty good understanding of how they attach and interact with each other. I do have a couple of questions though. In the attached picture I have a couple of parts circled. Where does the piece circled in red go and/or attach on the driver's seat? The piece circled in blue attaches to the right side of the seat. In the thread where that picture was posted, it mentioned that this piece may have a piece broken off. Can anyone confirm that it is broken or whole? 

I am searching for these trim pieces so if anyone has any or all of these pieces that they would like to sell I am in the market. I have reached out to many vendors already with no luck so far. Any help answering the parts questions or leads to where I might find these parts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bill

Riviera Seat Bottom Pieces Complete labeled 3.jpg

Bill,  you asked me about these. I will dig them out if you don't find them. Gene.

22 minutes ago, 1965rivgs said:

I saw this but, I need for a 1963. Thanks Tom. From a previous thread.

"I did a little research project on these years ago and was surprised to find there are significant differences from year to year. There are differences in terms of the actual shape of the pieces, the locations where the retainer pins are placed and therefore the shape of the brackets which the pieces are affixed to. In addition, the molded pattern in the plastic is different. It is rather subtle but the `63-`64 cars have a "seville" grain and the `65 pieces have a "madrid" grain."

Bill

1 hour ago, Riviera63 said:

I saw this but, I need for a 1963. Thanks Tom. From a previous thread.

"I did a little research project on these years ago and was surprised to find there are significant differences from year to year. There are differences in terms of the actual shape of the pieces, the locations where the retainer pins are placed and therefore the shape of the brackets which the pieces are affixed to. In addition, the molded pattern in the plastic is different. It is rather subtle but the `63-`64 cars have a "seville" grain and the `65 pieces have a "madrid" grain."

Bill

I posted this as an example which is available, not necessarily something you should buy for your car.

Tom

10 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

I posted this as an example which is available, not necessarily something you should buy for your car.

Tom

Tom,

What is this is an example of? Is this a whole example of the piece I have circled in blue up above that goes on the right side of the driver's seat next to the console or is it the stationary piece that goes on the left side of the driver's seat? The description by the seller on e-bay doesn't really pinpoint which piece it is. Thanks.

Bill

I bought one from Gene in Gettysburg.  They are made of steel not plastic and fit great.

Kevin

22 minutes ago, kegart said:

I bought one from Gene in Gettysburg.  They are made of steel not plastic and fit great.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Which of the pieces did you get from Gene? Thanks.

Bill

The one on the left in the picture. It fits on the left side of drivers seat. 

Kevin

14 minutes ago, kegart said:

The one on the left in the picture. It fits on the left side of drivers seat. 

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. Did it have the grain pattern or was it just flat metal?

Flat finish,  you will have to paint it to match your interior. The piece doesn't have the brackets on it but I didn't need them. 

Kevin

3 minutes ago, kegart said:

Flat finish,  you will have to paint it to match your interior. The piece doesn't have the brackets on it but I didn't need them. 

Kevin

Thanks Kevin.

Bill, powder coating can give you the wood grain finish you want on the seat part. I suppose there are other coatings that can give you what you are looking for. I know there are smaller ovens that could fit in your shop. Eastwood has the smaller oven.