1938 Plymouth-Is It Worth Parting Out?

BillMaine

I am new to this site and not an antique car collector or parts sales person. However, I have had a 1938 Plymouth in my woods on its roof for over 50 years. Some parts are salvageable but I’ve always wondered whether it was worth the attempt to retrieve it with the intent to sell all of it or parts of it so someone may enjoy the benefit of salvaging it to rebuild something of their own. The doors and most of the body are available as well as other parts. Being on its roof, I would also assume the frame may still be salvageable.  Does anyone out there have an opinion whether I should make the attempt without, hopefully, damaging it further? I’m not sure how much is salvageable but I could take photos. Thanks.

• Like 1

After the car's been outside upside down in the woods for over 50 years, I wouldn't be worried about any further damage........you will probably get requests for pictures with very little follow-up from anybody unless the parts are practically given away for free to somebody local. GOOD LUCK, I HOPE I'M COMPLETELY WRONG ABOUT THIS.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, apparently I exhausted my allowable uploads.  If there's interest in more exterior photos of large items, I can send them via e-mail.  I'll also try to climb in for interior photos. Serious interest only, please.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/8/2022 at 8:28 AM, deathbound said:

I see this post is 2 years old. If you still have parts, please message me. Thanks. 

https://forums.aaca.org/profile/172915-billmaine/

• Joined February 9, 2020

• Last visited April 27, 2020

Post 1 : He has not logged on for getting towards 2 years. He may not be visiting the forum(no log in)

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

On 2/7/2022 at 5:48 PM, dpcdfan said:

I saw your posts and have some 38 Plymouth parts, along with an all original coupe.

Can you please PM me? I can receive PM’s, but can’t send due to “my account has not yet the minimum content item count requirement to send private messages.”