crowvet

Rear seat install sequence 1965

Getting ready to reinstall my back seat and I have forgotten the order in which it came out. Is it package tray first, seat back second, seat side filler trim third, then last speaker? Does any one know for sure?  Pictures to follow later, the old girl is looking pretty good. Oh and this is a 65

Edited by crowvet (see edit history)

Reverse the seat back and side filler trim and you have got it.  Package tray, side filler trim, seat back then speaker.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rivgs said:

Reverse the seat back and side filler trim and you have got it.  Package tray, side filler trim, seat back then speaker.

Thank you Kevin, saves me a lot of trial and error.

So your saying lower seat first side trim then seat back and speaker. 
I just can’t seem to get it in place with the back in place and side panels installed. 
I thought the upper seat back gets bolted in and the lower slides in and clips on lower part on floor clip. 
 I have read the upper thread and jus have trouble. HELP

The last thing to go in is the lower seats.  You need to sit in the seat, pick up on the bottom and really push it back to get it to engage.  

2 hours ago, Ronncece said:

So your saying lower seat first side trim then seat back and speaker. 
I just can’t seem to get it in place with the back in place and side panels installed. 
I thought the upper seat back gets bolted in and the lower slides in and clips on lower part on floor clip. 
 I have read the upper thread and jus have trouble. HELP

I just did mine today. The sequence I used was #1 package tray #2 side filler panels #3 seat back #4 lower cushion. I have not installed the speaker yet.

Before reinstalling the seats and side fillers, make sure that you know how and to what the speaker, speaker gill, and lower seat divider, and spacer between the speaker grill and seat divider are attached. 

So lower seat divider is In stalled 

back upper seat clips on and bolts on lower frame

i just can’t seem to get lower seat to slide into the gap on seat back to let it slide back far enough to clip bottom into place. Tomorrow I will send some pictures 

10 hours ago, Ronncece said:

So lower seat divider is In stalled 

back upper seat clips on and bolts on lower frame

i just can’t seem to get lower seat to slide into the gap on seat back to let it slide back far enough to clip bottom into place. Tomorrow I will send some pictures 

It is stubborn and a "press fit" which is the original design. You can try what Ed suggests for leverage, as turning your back to the seat will enable you to use the power of your legs.

I used this method for picking up full dress Harleys more times than I care to admit. It goes like this...lock the forks, turn your back to the bike,  grab one grip with one hand and the bag rails with the second hand and stand the bike up using your legs...I learned this on a remote off ramp, at night, in the middle of nowhere Wyoming, with a fully packed bike during a trip to Sturgis. It was before the popularity of cell phones and I had better things to do than nothing...necessity is the mother of invention! The point is, turning your back and using your legs will provide more strength than facing the object. BTW, this also works well if one needs to push a disabled car...

Traditionally, when installing the rear seat bottom, I turn my back to the seat, place myself between the back of the front seat (seat moved forward and my feet underneath the front seat) with the small of my back against the FACE of the rear seat cushion, push with my legs and simultaneously allow the seat to fall downward. This method has a tendency to force the seat upward which will not catch the clips so it is important to consciously allow the seat frame to catch the clips. Keep in mind if you are a large person or lack flexibility this method may not be possible.

Tom M

• Like 1

Got the carpeting done, rear seat, and package tray. I am not an upholstery guy, so not a professional job, but I think I can live with it.

IMG_1834.JPG

IMG_1835.JPG

• Like 3