Sign in to follow this  
chistech

First Timer to the Convention in Philadelphia.

I will be going for the first time to receive an award for my car. My wife and I will be getting there about noon on Friday and staying until Sunday morning. We usually look for interesting things to do and good places to eat (good food to us doesn’t necessarily mean expensive either). I know there is a lot going on right at the hotel but I mean beyond that. I’m looking for recommendations.

thanks in advance, Ted

• Like 1

Your time is limited. A quick cab ride down to the Liberty Bell is time well spent. Friday evening about 6 of us get together and walk 5-6 blocks to a place called sabrina’s. Your are welcome to join us. Nobody has mugged us yet. You can find me in the Trade Show at the Reliability Tour table.

Bob Giles 

Hello Chistech,

Congratulations on your award!  Which vehicle was yours?

I hope that you and your wife enjoyed the Annual Convention and return again next year.  If you do, besides Bob Giles' recommendations, consider walking a couple blocks to the Reading Terminal Market (near the Convention Center), which has numerous food, flower, and craft stalls including several cheesesteak places (we like Carmen's), bakeries, etc.  There's also Mace's Crossing about two blocks away, which is a reasonably priced pub in an old carriage house and features pub-type food.  Great sandwiches and Shepherd's Pie.

Congrats again on your award! 

Mark Mc

Thanks everyone. My car was the 32’ Olds convertible roadster and the award was the Ransom E Olds award. We ended up hitting a few local eateries with my son, his girlfriend, and my good buddy Bob W. I learned all about Ubering from my son! Saturday we took the trolley and did the liberty bell, the eastern state penitentiary, jacks firehouse restaurant, and the rocky statue. My wife’s a huge Stallone fan. The the banquet topped of a great Saturday. My daughter also took the train in so it was great having the kids there with us.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2020 at 12:21 AM, chistech said:

Thanks everyone. My car was the 32’ Olds convertible roadster and the award was the Ransom E Olds award. We ended up hitting a few local eateries with my son, his girlfriend, and my good buddy Bob W. I learned all about Ubering from my son! Saturday we took the trolley and did the liberty bell, the eastern state penitentiary, jacks firehouse restaurant, and the rocky statue. My wife’s a huge Stallone fan. The the banquet topped of a great Saturday. My daughter also took the train in so it was great having the kids there with us.

Congratulations again on your award!  Your Olds is a beautiful car and you should be justifiably proud of it.

• Thanks 1