1941 Packard 110 fog light brackets, dash plastic

Bob Stein

I just purchased a 1941 Packard 110 Touring Sedan and would like to add fog/driving lights.  Where did the factory mounts attach to the car?  I have seen different images, but none show the mounting point, and the parts book does not show or list them.  Were they bulb/reflector type or sealed beam? I have a set of Guide reproductions that appear to be the correct size and style.  Also, the radio blanking plate and ashtray lid are navy plastic and could use replacement.  Are they available anywhere?  Thanks!

41_packard_rf.jpg

Lavine restorations: http://lavinerestorations.com/

Beautiful work and really the only game in town making high quality 1941 plastic (they bought out "Yesterdays Radio").

Also, there is a special plastic under dash bracket and switch knob for the fog lamps - matches I think the heater backet). 

May I also suggest pinstripping your wheels (if proper for a 110 - and I assume a 110 did not have a accessory chrome wheel hub cover)  hard to see in photos, you can use fine line tape and One-Shot sign painters enamel and do yourself - a lot of work to tape up, but works well if you do not heave a steady hand. 

I once did a 110 Military car and it did not have the shroud between the bumper and body - photo mid-restoration.

Picture356aabcdefg009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob

I Agree with the LaVine Restorations plastic. I just bought a set of window crank knobs and rings for my '40.

As far as the extra lights are concerned, you didn't ask for my opinion, but the car looks much better without them. Also, your car already has sealed beam headlights, you really don't need any extra light.

• Like 1

I checked all of the literature I have gathered so far - none of the factory sales folders for the 110 show pinstriping on the wheels.  I have the 110 Deluxe brochure, the 110/120 combined brochure, and the 1941 accessories booklet.  None on the car body, either.  

Looking at the 1941 Data book, all of the pictures I can find of the 110/120 wheels show trim rings and hub caps, but no striping.  Do you know what page the pictures were on showing striping?  I have the book, as well as all factory literature/brochures for the 110 Deluxe, plus the 1941 Packard accessories brochure.  I do have a spare wheel that came with the parts that has twin stripes just outside the hubcap area, but it is not original paint and is off a different car.

I don't know about Max Merrit making the plastic. It's possible it's an older set that they bought from Yesterday's Radio (which LaVine now owns). Can you provide a link to the Merrit page that shows the plastic? I can't seem to find it.

Look on page 14 of the Salesmen's Data book (blue cover). Also, page 132. and possibly 162.

Looks like dumb luck may have dropped a full set of 1941 dash plastic in my lap for $75.  It all looks very straight and complete - some minor cracks in the waterfall but I can probably repair and paint to match.  Even includes the metal trim!  Gotta love eBay!  Certainly worth the risk.

On 2/26/2020 at 9:28 PM, Bob Stein said:

Looks like dumb luck may have dropped a full set of 1941 dash plastic in my lap for $75.  It all looks very straight and complete - some minor cracks in the waterfall but I can probably repair and paint to match.  Even includes the metal trim!  Gotta love eBay!  Certainly worth the risk.

Well... you can't beat that. I just paid $1,000 for reproduction plastic window crank nobs and escutcheon rings

• 3 months later...

We have  a set of the correct fog lights.

LaVine Restorations in Indiana purchased the Yesterday's Radio businness a couple of years ago and can supply the dash plastic you need.

Daniel   209 531-3095