Turn signal indicator

NC-car-guy

Solder?

Clean both surfaces, add some flux if you have any, tin both surfaces then hold together and apply heat.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

Solder?

Clean both surfaces, add some flux if you have any, tin both surfaces then hold together and apply heat.

That's what i was thinking, gonna be a pain to do inside the car though..lol. I'm not cutting that wire.

Try this, I have not solved any similar problem, but it is amazing how it works.  It is a polymer similar to that used for tooth fillings these days.  After application, it is activated by applying UV light to the polymer.  I suggest that you might, by finger pinch, hold a small piece of copper wire or other conductor between the two parts.  Then, bond the two parts with the attached.  This product has a built-in UV Light.  Oh, a good bond requires a mechanical grip, eg; rough interface or a couple of bends or holes.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018IBEHQU/?coliid=I36A16NO92D1I2&colid=3INVWGQKGBUA&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Edited by Caballero2 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 8:57 AM, NC-car-guy said:

I'm not cutting that wire.

Do it the easy way.....cut the wire.

Then you will have the freedom of movement to do the job correctly with out the danger of damaging the engine turned insert by a wayward tool slip.

With both pieces free you can use a vice, pliers, drill press, hand drill, torch, soldering iron or whatever suits your chosen method of repair. Were it me I would substitute small rivets for the failed spot welds.

The cut wire is easily joined with a crimp connector.

Easy Peasy job.....................Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1