SUPER RARE CUSTOM BODIED CAR ON EBAY!

Mark Wetherbee

At the current bid of $1.25, I still wouldn’t buy the thing with intentions of taking on the project myself... but you could be crowned the King of Hershey if you were sleeping in the back of that thing all week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My mother used to say "Well, excuse me for living", but I think that's a neat piece history.  I'm sure it's not worth 6500 buy it now in the general scheme of things, but this has to be one of the few "bottle" cars that are out there.....what fun that would be....

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, trimacar said:

My mother used to say "Well, excuse me for living", but I think that's a neat piece history.  I'm sure it's not worth 6500 buy it now in the general scheme of things, but this has to be one of the few "bottle" cars that are out there.....what fun that would be....

I totally agree with you on that one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 3macboys said:

I so want to throw a bid in just to say that I had a chance at owning one!

Be careful, for all you know two bucks will buy it.... then you will have to spend a couple hundred thousand restoring it. 

It's up to $10.50. Hey, I can afford that! 

I see it's based out of Berwick, PA. Maybe retired NASCAR driver Jimmy Spencer will buy it, he would likely have both the money and skills to restore it. Berwick is his home town.

7 hours ago, trimacar said:

If you buy it, you will be in the bottle..........a long, long time.

The skill required to manufacture milk bottle cars is the same as was employed by the major customer body companies of that time who produced the high dollar custom Packard and Cadillac limousines, but because the body looks like a milk bottle people generally don't make that connection.

Based on the body of the milk bottle car not showing any signs of rust and corrosion it is likely aluminum,  just like the limousine and town car bodies of that day.

It would be interesting to know the history of it.

Going by vintage photos of other 'milk bottle' cars posted here, I believe it is a legitimate dairy advertising vehicle when it was new.  I hope someone who currently has no projects and more ambition restores this; especially someone into Reos.

Craig

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trimacar said:

Wonder if it’s returnable?  Restoring it would definitely skim off a lot of your income.Ok, guess we shouldn’t milk this one for laughs....

That level of Kraft - smanship 

could be the CREAM of the crop

• Like 1

Ok guys, try to put a "cap" on the (Good) Humor and not butter-up the OP with congratulations on his discovery - but, it is still a commercial vehicle and indeed would be as interesting as the Weinermobile or the Moximobile.  There was a time when this kind of advertising was being "milked" for all you could get. I know the owner thinks it's probably a "cash-cow" but I think it's worth preserving.

Terry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a thought to keep things on topic and discuss heavily modifying antique cars... I think the thing is simply begging for Pierce Arrow front fenders. 

Another thought, if we are going to ban anything, I think some of the puns on this thread are great candidates. 

16 hours ago, Billy Kingsley said:

It's up to $10.50. Hey, I can afford that! 

I see it's based out of Berwick, PA. Maybe retired NASCAR driver Jimmy Spencer will buy it, he would likely have both the money and skills to restore it. Berwick is his home town.

that will not happen Mr.Excitement crashed cars not build them.he kep his fathers wrecking yard stocked🤪

On 2/2/2020 at 4:43 PM, Xander Wildeisen said:

I was just running with the bottle thing. To not get off topic.😀 Those beer trucks kick as#. The Bradings one would make a very cool car hauler. Restored of course.😀😏

you would love some of the ones up here think Carlings Labbats etc works of deco art at the time

Edited by 54vicky (see edit history)