auburnseeker

Oh no what did I do? Now I need a new Username.

Congratulations! Great when a "Bucket List" item is checked off. How many tons of sales brochures is that? Bob 

I had other work  (unfortunately still have to pay the bills and raise some funds for the new baby, just like a new girlfriend,  they are always needy) and to watch the kids tonight,  but I did go take a peek to make sure it was still there.  Maybe tomorrow I can get some time with her.   Better be careful or the wife will get jealous. 

Just now, 1937hd45 said:

Congratulations! Great when a "Bucket List" item is checked off. How many tons of sales brochures is that? Bob 

I'm not sure but I imagine alot more than she weighs. 

• Thanks 1

I’m glad Randy finally has what he has always wanted..........the car “went home” to where it belongs.......and now all things are right in his hobby. I too found my dream car......back many years ago.......and two decades later it still feels good. Nothing better than a girlfriend in the garage with big headlights! 

I think his new name should be AuburnDriver...............

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'll have to ponder that one.  That will give me something else to think about tonight. 

• Like 1

If you got a good deal, at least you won't have to say "aaw... burned"! "Aaw broke" maybe will work. My dad owned a '36 Auburn in wartime, before he passed in 1999, he said it was the best car he ever owned. I prefer the look of these earlier ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats on a truly beautiful car!! I don't have enough money to be an auburnseeker, but after seeing that pic I could sure become an auburndreamer! Awesome color, too. Is that original? I think car colors in the 30's were a lot more vibrant than some of us non-30's car guys realize.

• Like 1

Congrats on getting one of your bucket list cars and the car of your username.

• Like 1

I think it was originally not a cream but more of a tan color from what I found in one door jamb where some paint is flaking.  I'll have to investigate more.  I wasn't crazy about the color.  Beggars  can't be choosers though.  I find it growing on me a bit though.  It could be worse.  White or straight up brown or a light baby blue come to mind for colors that would be worse.  I think I even saw one in Lavender before.   I think just a different accent color would help with a different wheel color.  Maybe even the same color on those.  I don't want to turn it into a circus wagon. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, trimacar said:

How about auburnseekedbutfound.  

Good, except the past tense of "seek" is "sought"...

You can still keep your user-name, because now you 

might be seeking Auburn spare parts, literature, and

memorabilia.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

33 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

I think it was originally not a cream but more of a tan color from what I found in one door jamb where some paint is flaking.  I'll have to investigate more.  I wasn't crazy about the color.  Beggars  can't be choosers though.  I find it growing on me a bit though.  It could be worse.  White or straight up brown or a light baby blue come to mind for colors that would be worse.  I think I even saw one in Lavender before.   I think just a different accent color would help with a different wheel color.  Maybe even the same color on those.  I don't want to turn it into a circus wagon. 

This is where we help you with giving the car better eyeball.........

wheel color change........

install new black wall tires.......

throw the extra lights in the attic.....or on eBay.........

get some side mount covers............

toss the trunk in the basement..........

give me a ride.........it will look great with me sitting in it..........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Do you want us to pick a new   User name for you???

257.jpg

594496c0f0bf6_notdad.thumb.JPG.6f10c7a8337037ac527f410201283111.JPG

Love it.  I assume one of the first items on your list is addressing the headlights.  I’m glad you finally found one that you liked and could buy.  I think this was a better choice than the one I tried to help you with.

I just now wandered in here for the first time today, and cannot hardly wait to type out "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!"

I feel so good for you! Back when I had had my '25 Pierce Arrow series 80 sedan, truly a car of my dreams, I went out to the garage almost every night and stroked one of the fender headlamps! I sure wish I could have kept that car, but family needs got in the way. Some day I hope to know that feeling again.

Wonderful. Enjoy this one for a very long time.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Good, except the past tense of "seek" is "sought"...

You can still keep your user-name, because now you 

might be seeking Auburn spare parts, literature, and

memorabilia.

Glad you’re paying attention to grammar....I was just trying to keep “seek” in the name, at the expense of the English language!

Carl, before you had a Cadillac (now that's probably a few decades back) your on-line name might have been Caddy-Lack! Just in keeping with Auburnseeker's theme. If I could afford a Cord, think I might change my name to Roy, they go well together! Oh the possibilities, think I'll stick with my favorite Western, com'n Chester, let's go. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

.....Better be careful or the wife will get jealous. 

I ride around with 2 blondes in the back seat all the time and my wife never gets jealous! 
Congrats on the new arrival, I am jealous. 

9B9FB7DE-DE7B-4E4A-8AF8-AE81188F176A.jpeg

• Like 1

Congrats!!!

Got it......new name should be AC/DC.

"Auburn, Cord...Duesenberg Coming"

• Like 5

Great first post of the day!!  Cannot wait to see more pics Randy.  Keep your "handle" after all, why stop at one?  🎊😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is great - Ed and I exchanged notes on it a few weeks ago - I said we do not leave nice Auburn's sitting around uncounted for = pick-it-up as they make lovely cars.  That said my emails were a little off as I gave Ed the Boattail tutorial (which I am sure he already know) verses a Phaeton tutorial as I figured he was looking at a Boattail (or possibly a Cabriolet) - never thought he would give a Phaeton a glance to begin with :) 

• Like 1

Congrats are definitely in order Auburnseeker.   And maybe even more so,  getting back to figuring out its body style consider this; If what I see at about the back end of the rear door is in fact its handle then it's a Convertible Sedan.  The closed sedans had suicide rear doors! 

37 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

That is great - Ed and I exchanged notes on it a few weeks ago - I said we do not leave nice Auburn's sitting around uncounted for = pick-it-up as they make lovely cars.  That said my emails were a little off as I gave Ed the Boattail tutorial (which I am sure he already know) verses a Phaeton tutorial as I figured he was looking at a Boattail (or possibly a Cabriolet) - never thought he would give a Phaeton a glance to begin with :) 

Buying cars is always a hand of poker..............who said it’s a ragtop? 

4 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Buying cars is always a hand of poker..............who said it’s a ragtop? 

Perhaps a Coupe !  A 6 wire wheel Coupe is a great looking car.

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)

It’s well established fact that I don’t buy convertible sedans. I like the two door open cars. I have been shopping for an ACD car quietly for a while now..........cats out of the bag. 

• Like 1