Oh no what did I do? Now I need a new Username.

auburnseeker

Carl, before you had a Cadillac (now that's probably a few decades back) your on-line name might have been Caddy-Lack! Just in keeping with Auburnseeker's theme. If I could afford a Cord, think I might change my name to Roy, they go well together! Oh the possibilities, think I'll stick with my favorite Western, com'n Chester, let's go. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

.....Better be careful or the wife will get jealous. 

I ride around with 2 blondes in the back seat all the time and my wife never gets jealous! 
Congrats on the new arrival, I am jealous. 

9B9FB7DE-DE7B-4E4A-8AF8-AE81188F176A.jpeg

• Like 1

That is great - Ed and I exchanged notes on it a few weeks ago - I said we do not leave nice Auburn's sitting around uncounted for = pick-it-up as they make lovely cars.  That said my emails were a little off as I gave Ed the Boattail tutorial (which I am sure he already know) verses a Phaeton tutorial as I figured he was looking at a Boattail (or possibly a Cabriolet) - never thought he would give a Phaeton a glance to begin with :) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

That is great - Ed and I exchanged notes on it a few weeks ago - I said we do not leave nice Auburn's sitting around uncounted for = pick-it-up as they make lovely cars.  That said my emails were a little off as I gave Ed the Boattail tutorial (which I am sure he already know) verses a Phaeton tutorial as I figured he was looking at a Boattail (or possibly a Cabriolet) - never thought he would give a Phaeton a glance to begin with :) 

Buying cars is always a hand of poker..............who said it’s a ragtop? 

It’s well established fact that I don’t buy convertible sedans. I like the two door open cars. I have been shopping for an ACD car quietly for a while now..........cats out of the bag. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Seems like decades since my search started and I would never be in the right place at the right time to buy one of the cars at the top of my bucket list. 

Well thanks to a lead from Ed and him stepping back (a big thank you is due) so I could get it, the day has arrived and it's sitting in my Garage.  Unfortunately with winter and the uphill grade to the garage we unloaded it right into the garage so pictures will be forthcoming but not real good like outside photos with natural lighting. 

Is it time for a name change from Auburnseeker? 

You should have asked me up front,  I would have told you the name "Auburnseeker" is not sustainable.  You would eventually stumble in to one.   Now if I change my name to "SJDuesenbergSeeker"  there is  a good chance that name will last a lifetime.

Let me ask a question:   did Ed "step back" the second he needed to find his wallet?   I've been to dinner with him quite a bit and he is a master step backer.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, alsancle said:

You should have asked me up front,  I would have told you the name "Auburnseeker" is not sustainable.  You would eventually stumble in to one.   Now if I change my name to "SJDuesenbergSeeker"  there is  a good chance that name will last a lifetime.

Let me ask a question:   did Ed "step back" the second he needed to find his wallet?   I've been to dinner with him quite a bit and he is a master step backer.

To be fair and honest........all my advice to you managing your collection has been pro bono..........so if you buy me a McDonalds happy meal once a year.......you have no complaints. Peg, on the other hand, likes a chicken wing on occasion. Don’t worry about it, found a more expensive restaurant this year than last...............besides........aren’t you looking at buying a new exotic Classic with a power plant that about five guys in the US understand?(Guess that means your buying again Thursday night at Amelia!) Funny how I was working on one at Pebble last year...............seems I was the guy they thought of first in the parking lot when the pan had to be dropped. 😎

• Like 1

Congratulations!    It is always uplifting to hear a fellow collector achieve one of their dreams.   The sad truth is that we always find a way of replacing one dream for a new one.  Perhaps, your next dream/pursuit will be a Duesenburg.  After all, we never stop dreaming.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mark Huston said:

Congratulations!    It is always uplifting to hear a fellow collector achieve one of their dreams.   The sad truth is that we always find a way of replacing one dream for a new one.  Perhaps, your next dream/pursuit will be a Duesenburg.  After all, we never stop dreaming.   

All you have to do is open the RIGHT barn door, and your Duesenberg will be there patiently waiting for you.............🤔

The story will be out sooner than later............

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Congratulations on finding a beautiful car. I hope it will keep you busy for awhile, I find that the pursuit, acquisition and education are my favorite parts of car ownership. After those are done the itch always comes back! As far as your handle, my Riviera has been gone since 2009 but I don't care... 

Just now, Xander Wildeisen said:

MesserchmittSeeker?

My Mrs. accuses me of being a SchmittSeeker!

Seems most every car I bring home she calls a pile of Schmitt.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Paul Dobbin said:

Yellow Auburns?   I have alway liked them.   This one is one of Bill Brown's Auburns in Florida.  Awesome looking vehicle.

Auburn.thumb.jpg.b68ae0c91238b1519de6075e92a432d0.jpg

Looks like Randy’s car to me!

• Thanks 1

Edinmass said "My Mrs. accuses me of being a SchmittSeeker!' Better than Schmittdisturber,  which some might say (but not me!) covers a lot of posters on here. Assuming edinmass's great period garage photo shows the correct car, the guessing may be over. It's interesting how our friends who will not be paying any post-purchase bills like to comment on color, lights, tires, and so on. I would love it just the way it is, and use my money to keep it purring so I can drive it anywhere I like and let other people enjoy it's great style. There's a certain cachet in letting a car wear its history proudly.

• Like 2

Gunsmoke........Tire’s are almost as old as I am.........late 60’s. So tires are a must. Toss away the trunk and lights. Then just repaint the wheels.........and done!

• Like 2

So I had this nice response all written up and never hit the sent button then turned off the computer. Must have had something else on my mind. 

Thanks everyone for the kind words.  

Are we ready for the big reveal to see what the rest looks like or should I drag it out a bit longer?  

I bought it pretty much site unseen and had to wait a couple of weeks to see it myself while I got my finances in order.  Remember I just bought the Dodge Roadster in the fall so I wasn't really looking or ready to buy another car.

Glad now I passed on the 32 Plymouth Coupe i have been telling the wife I should have bought at Hershey.  It must all happen for a reason.

I was told by another member into ACD cars that it seems like when these come up it's never at the right time but to make it happen as you will regret passing on it. They said they bought theirs the same time they were buying a house and it really made things tight. 

Then I had to clean the garage to squeeze the 5th car in my 4 car garage. 

I have that big "Shed" but it's unheated without a floor so I didn't want to subject her to that.  That's for the equipment for the time being.  

It's just a little cozy in the garage now. 

• Like 1

Congratulations -

enjoy it as much as you can,

and for as long as you can.

Maybe we'll see you drive it on the VMCCA-hosted Revival AAA GLIDDEN TOUR this year.

It is near you at Saratoga Springs, New York - September 13-18, 2020