Back in the drivers seat

Mark Huston

Today, was my first day that I have been allowed to drive after my brain surgery.    In honor of the occasion, I took the Studebaker out for a drive for the first time since July 4th, 2019.   It was great to be behind the wheel of the Studebaker President once again.  She behaved beautifully and it was a great day.  

14055F3E-0190-43EF-97AB-E385E2B76285.jpeg

Edited by Mark Huston (see edit history)
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

That's great!  After my open heart surgery in July I didn't think I'd ever get to drive my old cars because of no power steering or AC here in Florida.  I didn't get to drive the '41 Buick until November.  You're doing great and I'm rooting for you to have many more miles of driving your Studebaker.  Hang tight.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, wayne sheldon said:

So wonderful to hear! I have wondered how you were progressing on your recovery.

Between you and Auburnseeker, this has been a fantastic day for good news on this forum!

Why yes, indeed. Plus look how well Earl is doing and feeling just above. Very, very happy day ! It didn't even rain all that terribly much today, in a record breaking gloomy wet Western Washington Winter. All this good news is really cheering me up.  😊.    -    Carl 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/1/2020 at 5:14 PM, Grimy said:

Mark, we're all delighted to hear of the operation's success and that you're back on the road!  Time for another Modoc run Sept 14-17!

I am looking forward to attending the Modoc tour this year.  I have not received my invitation to the 2020 Modoc tour, yet.  It must still be in the mail.   In my enthusiasm for touring again over the weekend I purchased an enclosed car trailer.   This will be the first time I have ever owned a car trailer to attend a tour. 

D21A09DE-A4FB-464D-8ACD-06F7A877015C.jpeg

248BBB6E-C6D4-4D8A-9ABC-8730AB345966.jpeg

Edited by Mark Huston (see edit history)
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mark Huston said:

I am looking forward to attending the Modoc tour this year.  I have not received my invitation to the 2020 Modoc tour, yet.  It must still be in the mail.   In my enthusiasm for touring again over the weekend I purchased an enclosed car trailer.   This will be the first time I have ever owned a car trailer to attend a tour. 

Now that the Modoc Tour is in September, the invites come out about the end of March.  Apparently they are hand-addressed a few at a time, and I'm at the end of the alphabet, so mine always arrive later than others.  The Nickel Age Touring Club is making the Modoc their fall tour, so make your hotel reservations as soon as possible upon receiving the invitation.  Hoping for better weather this year, as last year was cold and rainy.

20190918_101834.jpg

20190919_114920.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grimy said:

Now that the Modoc Tour is in September, the invites come out about the end of March.  Apparently they are hand-addressed a few at a time, and I'm at the end of the alphabet, so mine always arrive later than others.  The Nickel Age Touring Club is making the Modoc their fall tour, so make your hotel reservations as soon as possible upon receiving the invitation.  Hoping for better weather this year, as last year was cold and rainy.

20190918_101834.jpg

20190919_114920.jpg

Thank you for the heads up.  I will get the hotel reservations taken care of right away.   I plan on staying at the same hotel that we used the last time.