1931 Chrysler CD-8 Roadster $44K

DFeeney

For  Sale.    1931 Chrysler CD-8 series 1  6 Wheel Roadster . Odometer showing 70K believed to be correct.  Clear Ohio title.  I have owned this car for the last 12 years and driven it about 4,000 miles.   At 75 my time to downsize has arrived.   The car was redone around 1980 and it is now a older restoration.  It runs and drives well and is  ready to go.    I have enjoyed it and  took good care of it but was not a afraid to drive it.  It has all the parts,  Front driving lights, Radiator grille  stoneguard , Nice side  mount tire mirrors . Wind wings.  Radio, exhaust whistle, steering column  vacuum  fan, correct metal trunk ( not shown in the pictures) rear luggage rack and top down  rest brackets. The clum switch works.  When I purchased the car  the top , side curtains and top down cover was just redone.($4500)  The car has always sat inside since I have owned it.   After purchasing the car I discovered  the compression readings  were uneven and outside the normal limits. There was a piston ring/land problem.   I mic'd  the bore's and found them to be straight and not wore.  I bought a new set of  of standard pistons/rings/gasket set from Egge( $1500) and installed them along with a new timing chain. I honed the block before installing the parts. While the engine was apart I ground the valve seats in the block and had the valves resurfaced. The head was also resurfaced. Upon reassembly things were as they should be.  A few years later the master cylinder started leaking and I rebuit it and exchanged the fuel pump.   The rubber in the front pulley came apart and I had it rebuilt by the Damper Doctors ($350).  I believe if you wanted a 8 cylinder  Chrysler Roadster this would be your only choice outside of a Imperial.  In 32 and 33 the 8 was not offered in the roadster. Remember this car is 89 years old and in overall excellent condition  It is not showroom new but has a nice panita.  If you follow the CD-8 Roadster market you will find these don't come up for sale very often. I expect to recover my investment of    $ 44K.  I live about 40 miles north of Columbus Ohio at the 140 mile marker of I-71.    Please note I do not text. Thanks,  Don Feeney  740-816-4284   central Ohio   F5415F@aol.com

IMG_0813.JPG

IMG_0814.JPG

• Like 1

Hello,  Thanks for your comment of encouragement about my Roadster for sale.  Attached is the 1919 Studebaker Dirt  Track Racer I have just finished.   It was built from a car that had a body beyond salvage.  It was a fun project and not much money.  Think Spring,  Don Feeney

IMG_1159 (1).JPG

• Like 1