1954 Chevrolet Belair 4 Door SOLD

My son decided that he was going to take my 53 Chevrolet that was for sale on this site as well as in our magazine, he had to decide that something would have to go. He had asked me to help selling his 54 Chevrolet Belair. This car also belonged to my father. It is a nice driver quality car, and has the rare power windows and power seat option. The power windows were only on the front windows (odd, but...that is how they did it) It also has power steering and a powerglide. The car was restored in the early 80's and belonged to a fellow local club member. When he passed my father purchased the car (sometime in the mid-90's) and had it sent to Florida. There are 5 new bias ply tires on the car and we did the brakes over 100% lines, master wheel cylinders and hardware. Generator was rebuilt. Car shows 59K on the odometer A nice driver asking $12,500  please PM me for my phone number and any questions you may have, I will post more photos later today

Thanks

John

IMG_8166.JPG

IMG_8170.JPG

IMG_8167.JPG

IMG_8169.JPG

IMG_8175.JPG

IMG_8176.JPG

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, John348 said:

The power windows were only on the front windows (odd, but...that is how they did it)

This was a point of comparison between Ford and Chevrolet for 1954.  First year for "full power" for each of them.

Ford offered P/W on all 4 positions (doors & quarters) and a 4 way power seat. Chevrolet had only 2 and 2.

It was mentioned often as a sales advantage in the Ford 'lets compare' literature. 

Nice car. Power equipment is always quite rare by survival.

For 1955-'58, Studebaker offered power windows for their four door sedans on either the front two or all four windows.   It looks a little odd now, but power windows in low-priced cars was new and novel then.  Nice-looking '54 Bel Air, would you please list all the options and accessories with which the car is equipped? 

John, you  do find some great Chevrolets!. That is a nicely loaded Bel Air. I had a 1955 Bel Air hardtop with factory power windows, power seat, wonder bar, power pack. I owned it while I was living in South Fla. back in the early Seventies. It was a neat car. Good luck with the sale. John

Neat car!  My school buddy had a 54 Bel Air 2 dr hardtop given to him when we were 15 yrs old. I've never seen this amount of power options  on a 54 Chev. My question here is, did they come equipped with a higher output 6 Volt generator? Different pulleys? Bigger battery ala' Cadillac?

2 minutes ago, Marty Roth said:

HI John, 

Love those Chevys, and hope to see you if you can make it to Miami in February

Hey Marty,

I will be there, just registered for judging yesterday. No bringing a car though, look forward to seeing you and the rest of the gang

• Like 1

Just now, John348 said:

Hey Marty,

I will be there, just registered for judging yesterday. No bringing a car though, look forward to seeing you and the rest of the gang

Just now, John348 said:

Hey Marty,

John, Why not bring the 1954,

leave it at the hotel, and in the parking lot with a "FOR SALE" sign?

You'll be reaching an interested audience

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

What is going on in Miami in Februar ? I am also planning to visit the US again in 2020.Its been to long since i wasn't there .

13 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

The car is registered in NYS my son's name, and has expired, he now lives in Virginia so the plates are not current. I did not bring my trailer down this trip, so I have no way to get it down there. It was certified DPC when my Dad was alive.

John

9 hours ago, John348 said:

Herr is something I never had seen before. I know it is not a Chevrolet part, and was aftermarket but pretty cool none the less. A sunvisor with a map scroll

IMG_8289.JPG

IMG_8290.JPG

WOW !!

If we thought taking your eyes off the road to glance at a GPS was a bad Idea...

just think what this map could involve !

Hopefully you would pull of he road o check the map !

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 2:16 PM, m-mman said:

This was a point of comparison between Ford and Chevrolet for 1954.  First year for "full power" for each of them.

Ford offered P/W on all 4 positions (doors & quarters) and a 4 way power seat. Chevrolet had only 2 and 2.

It was mentioned often as a sales advantage in the Ford 'lets compare' literature. 

I believe Pontiac offered power windows for the 'front only' in 1954 as well.

In Ford's case, 1954 was not the first year for power windows.  They were standard (front & rear) on the 1946-'48 Ford Sportsman.

Craig

Edited by 8E45E (see edit history)

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 12:30 PM, John348 said:

Here is something I never had seen before. I know it is not a Chevrolet part, and was aftermarket but pretty cool none the less. A sunvisor with a map scroll.

There was a similar accessory offered in England.

There were several map scrolls offered of different major highways where one loaded it before travelling with the map of the route they were going to drive.   The driver lined up the starting city of their destination with the red marker on the scroll housing.  The take-up roller was spliced to the speedometer cable and the map would automatically scroll along in sync as per speed and miles traveled. 

Craig

6 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

There was a similar accessory offered in England.

There were several map scrolls offered of different major highways where one loaded it before travelling with the map of the route they were going to drive.   The driver lined up the starting city of their destination with the red marker on the scroll housing.  The take-up roller was spliced to the speedometer cable and the map would automatically scroll along in sync as per speed and miles traveled. 

Craig

The first Garman?

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...