Sign in to follow this  
dbaker9323

Right hand mirror for 71 Riviera

Hello Riv lovers.  I am trying to find a right hand mirror for my 71 Riviera.  ( I cannot find any information to indicate if this was an available factory option)  Any suggestions on a right hand Riviera or Buick Mirror that will match (or come close) the left mirror?  Thanks

David Baker

#14360 ROA

Driv Rear Quarter.jpg

They do occasionally become available. I think it was an option on many Buicks of the ‘70s. Not sure exactly which years are interchangeable.

4C4F1AED-5863-4FD9-9E25-8ACFD7CBC6F7.png

71-72 Riviera Right Hand non-remote control Door Mirror: Buick Part number: 9 8 1 7 2 4

According to my parts manual, I don't see a R/H door mirror as an optional part specifically for 1973 Riviera (E body/9000 series)

71-73 "All E" Left or Right door mirror gasket: Buick Part Number: 9 8 2 9 6 7 1

As Steve and Mike posted, they are rare but do come available now and then.

A few years ago I ran across a guy on ebay that had some reproduction mirrors, he had both the left remote and the right manual. The mirror itself was almost an exact match, but the base was a bit different than the originals.

Sorry, I can't find the user ID at the moment, but it was a guy out of CA.

Thanks to you all for your helpful replies!  I did locate a Buick Right Hand mirror which matches the left - the only difference is that I will have to add some black paint in the small outer trim groove.  

David, did you buy Gene's car?  Beauty!

On 2/10/2020 at 10:48 AM, cjp69 said:

Beauty!

x2 -- and I love those dual-stripe whitewalls!  ;)