1950 Buick Riviera

3 hours ago, daniel boeve said:

Or he or his brother bid it up to a certain level until a innocent real buyer takes over ...

Do you have reason to doubt what the seller posted in the eBay description?

"I will be asked why I am resisting this car. I am re-listing because the previous high bidder did not appear to understand how eBay auctions work. He did not pay the deposit and did not respond to communication and had (0) transaction history. That was unfortunate for me and now for him but life goes on." 

• Like 1

I was in touch with the guy during the first ebay round and I can only say the very best about him. Very responsive, sent requested pictures more or less immediately and answered all my questions very quick and satisfactory. For me the best and most straightforward seller since years. This guy knows cars of this time period very well. No connection or relationship whatsoever. I write this here and now due to the sceptical comments above. Not the sellers fault that the eBay price went through the roof. But he is now suffering from the relisting, I guess. My 2 cents..... 

Hans 

• Like 2

I did a poll here once to ask which years did cars look the most different from each other.  I thought it would be the 1940-1950 era.  but everyone else said the 30s.  But you have to admit, who could confuse this 50 Buick with any other make of car?  Man, that car is the ICONIC Buick!  

• Like 2

• 5 months later...