Old Torque Tube Articles

Jack Worstell

I used to be able to access the old Torque  Tube   ( ie   1982 to July 2005 )   articles on the internet .     I can't anymore.

I can still get to the index for these articles ( compiled  by Frank Freda )

But when I click on a link to get to the actual issue of the Torque Tube ...all

I get is an image of the first page ??      I can't get past this to see individual articles

There is a ton of useful info in these old articles.   I hope this info has not been lost.

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong ?    If anyone can still get to these articles....

....can you tell me....... step by step ........what to do ?

Jack Worstell            jlwmaster@aol.com

You need to change where you are looking for them. The site that previously hosted them no longer exists. They are now available through a link on the 36-38 Buick Club homepage at: http://www.3638buickclub.org/

If you want to go direct to where I have them hosted, you will find them at this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1W6Yr0rcgi3zyicwT_D4vo3duNt64XVq2

I also shared them with Dave Stovall so he can post them on the Pre-War Buick Division Website but I don't know if he has them posted there yet.

Edited by MCHinson (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just went to the link above https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1W6Yr0rcgi3zyicwT_D4vo3duNt64XVq2 and found the the articles needed... Issue #5 from March of 1987 has a parts list applicable to 1929-1946 models; meaning it shows the superseded numbers, not the original part numbers.... 

Does anyone have the parts lists for the 1938 models? Interested in original part numbers. Need to confirm the  bushing# inside the assembly... it may be GM# 1301607. I would attach the pdf files, but it is not possible here...

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

Edited by philipj (see edit history)

4 hours ago, philipj said:

Does anyone have the parts lists for the 1938 models? Interested in original part numbers. Need to confirm the  bushing# inside the assembly... it may be GM# 1301607. I would attach the pdf files, but it is not possible here...

I may have the parts book that you need to search. What bushing inside what assembly do you need a number for?

• 3 weeks later...

5.564 BALL, Universal joint torque

1303033 1934-35-36-37-40; 1938-40 (For conventional transmission)

1301576 1936-37-38-60-80-90; 1939-80-90

1303244 1938-40 (for self shifting transmission)