Michael-Resurrector

Cute Pictures Of Your Kids, Grand Or Otherwise In Old Cars

Matt Harwood I feel if you give someone a big enough parking lot they are bound to learn to drive. :)  (No clutch?) And if Riley is only 9 years old I'm betting he is destined to be a football player.

STEVE POLLARD it looks like your son has found his bliss behind the wheel driving in his dream, as I did so long ago.

• Like 3

This one was taken at the 2008 Annual Grand National Meet. It shows my then 10 year old daughter behind the wheel of Futurliner #10 which was on display and available for tours.

Maryellen @ 2008 AGNM in Futurliner.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

MY kids and me with my SSA Miata in 1993 at the SCCA National at New Hampshire International Speedway. My Grandson last year with Skip Barber and Skip's Fiat Abarth as an official Judge at the Lime Rock Sunday in the Park Concours. 

img370.jpg

IMG_0191.JPG

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dad and his 1920 Overland with some of the neighbourhood kids.

Giving rides were one of his favourite things!

116540429_1920Overland-RidesforEveryone-July1982-copy.thumb.jpg.49ff827ebe6bd014268d36338cd27b45.jpg

Edited by dei (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Here are 3 of the grandkids.  Ella, the oldest is driving and unfortunately someone has shown her how to "power shift" 409 cars!

Robert

79DF8EC3-D195-4D85-941C-B882C11C8D92.jpeg

A276F951-138D-43F7-8014-26BB73A1E8AE.jpeg

FF5E7F77-AB99-48D3-A679-0E29189B1BFD.jpeg

• Like 4

Abby helping to prepare the 19 ton steam Lombard log hauler for the days run.

DSC_9657.thumb.JPG.1678f76e1aca699da16da1ca6bc0df85.JPG

Shoveling gravel with the "road crew"

71913956_10156262731197172_4310786287616393216_o.thumb.jpg.c6391eff7617577593d2041399cab080.jpg

Edited by Terry Harper (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Robert Street: Ella must have learned from a truck driver, their motto is clutches are only for starting and stopping.  Good motto for those with short legs too. :)

Grandson giving Ole IMG_0176.thumb.JPG.aebc5eb37ae102a584ee77d57dd7a17a.JPGBlue a bath after a run to haul trash off.

• Like 3

Model T Depot Hack.  My grandfather and I scavenged parts to build the car modeled after a T he drove to haul laundry in between Okeechobee, Fl. and Ft. Pierce, Fl.  Grandpa is gone now but I have the T and my grandson thought it was pretty comfortable to rest on.

IMG_1188.JPG

• Like 5

5 hours ago, 8E45E said:

If you haven't got something nice to say...……..(you know the rest.)

A certain Roscoe Hoffman was an excellent engineer:  https://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/forum/your-studebaker-forum/stove-huggers-the-non-studebaker-forum/46474-orphan-of-the-day-10-18-1935-hoffman

Craig

Well, then again there was one Roscoe C. "Fatty" Arbuckle who appreciated the finest of the fine cars of his era. Ever seen one of his great cars ? I am sure I am not alone among us who would gladly give up an ear, (left OR right), in exchange for one of 'em.

Oh, and while I am up : here is li'l' granddaughter in the STS. She figured she better study up in the owner's manual before she got in over her head.    -   CC 

D623E931-0F1B-4D1A-992A-06D10F4FDC16.jpeg

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, C Carl said:

Well, then again there was one Roscoe C. "Fatty" Arbuckle who appreciated the finest of the fine cars of his era. Ever seen one of his great cars ? 

YEPPERS!! 👍

Craig

25_McFarlan.jpg

• Like 1

My 3 year old son John is trying out my '31 Chevy fire truck in 1988.

John on 1931 Fire truck 1988.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Lebowski said:

I hope Rosco is the name of the dog and not your grandson.... :D

Rosco ....his best guard dog imitation.......at least he doesn’t bite but nobody better touch my clock steering wheel!!

F0085189-E81E-49BA-8C7B-5A51EEEDC616.jpeg

Edited by Jeff Perkins / Mn (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My son and my 1970 Plymouth GTX....

Picture 1004.jpg

• Like 2

Your photo reminds me when MCACN had a 'Factory Sunroofs' theme for 2016.

I snapped this photo on the Sunday when everyone was exiting the show.

Craig

IMG_1297.JPG

• Like 3

Well, since we are just having a lot of fun with the family, here is "Fatty's" 1919 Pierce Arrow. I  am sure many of you guys have seen it. A much lesser known gem is a big 1914 Renault roadster, re-bodied by Harley Earl a very few years later. I saw it at "The Pete" a while ago. I think  I spent more time looking at it than any other car that day. I had lots of pictures of it on a camera I can't find. But you can get an idea of it if you Google up    The Harley J. Earl Story Part ll     As with all cars, seeing them in all dimension from all angles with the gift of color vision is orders of magnitude superior to one B&W photo. Anyway, check it out. I suppose an entire topic could be devoted to "Fatty Arbuckle and Cars".or something like that.   -    CC 

CBACC1F2-B867-4966-8D68-434BFCF86275.jpeg

• Like 2

Jeff Perkins, I'm pretty sure you have seen my BBQ high temp gauge (thermometer) on my Rolls Royce for my horn button (I had to put something there for now to pass inspection, and I really can't afford the $350 original horn button). A clock on the steering wheel makes for a much more acceptable item, and no doubt something originally there. Although the temp gauge starts at 100 degrees I'm sure it will at times down here in Texas show the true temp in the summer (where it is 100+ degrees the whole summer), especially with the windows rolled up and parked in the sun.

zCAM05629t.jpg.1cdf314eef7f20f372a07a178c4230a1.jpg

zCAM05646i.jpg.92c0ea026b769d06aa7dd8abf6da68e2.jpg

zCAM05622z.thumb.jpg.57c530f91f2e3e8438d0fb953375ab34.jpg

1956 Desoto Fireflite

zCAM05646j.jpg.9374da42fbfa40ed2bb2d373d042ae38.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2020 at 6:17 PM, Michael-Restomod said:

Ok so I admit I am jealous of victorialynn2 at the time of this post having 7666 views and 186 posts.  And having spurred "So Many" neat pictures. So here is a cute picture of a kid in an oldish car. ( I have no pictures left after a house accident, so I have none to offer myself.) So many hours I found myself doing that same thing in my mother's VW beetle, and then I learned to drive it at around age 10.

zCAM05645v.jpg

Great post idea. Cute photo!

I can’t take credit for those numbers. It’s a group effort. 🌝

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Michael-Restomod said:

What wonderful pictures so far keep them coming ! (If I did not click the like button on your picture, it is only because I have to stop myself or I would click them all.)

You will run out of “reactions” too. It happens to me all the time. I don’t like that they limit them.

:(

8 hours ago, C Carl said:

Well, since we are just having a lot of fun with the family, here is "Fatty's" 1919 Pierce Arrow. I  am sure many of you guys have seen it.

CBACC1F2-B867-4966-8D68-434BFCF86275.jpeg

I can't say I've ever seen that particular car, but make it another P-A with freestanding headlights to add to this list:  

Craig

The bracket headlights on a Pierce Arrow were simply a factory option, had nothing to do with New York State laws, nor any laws for that matter.  Then, as now, there were people who wanted a Pierce but didn't like the looks of fender mounted headlights.

This is a case of something being retold so often it becomes accepted as fact, when it’s not....

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 7:35 AM, trimacar said:

The bracket headlights on a Pierce Arrow were simply a factory option, had nothing to do with New York State laws, nor any laws for that matter.  Then, as now, there were people who wanted a Pierce but didn't like the looks of fender mounted headlights.

This is a case of something being retold so often it becomes accepted as fact, when it’s not....

I never believed that urban legend at all.   

Arguably, the Woodlite headlamps seen on Ruxtons, and a handful of other cars, gave the most inferior lighting out of any of them, and I don't recall any jurisdiction banning them at any time.

(Another 'urban legend' that got started years ago. Woodlites were never exclusive to Ruxton.)

Craig

Edited by 8E45E (see edit history)
  • Like 1