Cute Pictures Of Your Kids, Grand Or Otherwise In Old Cars

Well, since we are just having a lot of fun with the family, here is "Fatty's" 1919 Pierce Arrow. I  am sure many of you guys have seen it. A much lesser known gem is a big 1914 Renault roadster, re-bodied by Harley Earl a very few years later. I saw it at "The Pete" a while ago. I think  I spent more time looking at it than any other car that day. I had lots of pictures of it on a camera I can't find. But you can get an idea of it if you Google up    The Harley J. Earl Story Part ll     As with all cars, seeing them in all dimension from all angles with the gift of color vision is orders of magnitude superior to one B&W photo. Anyway, check it out. I suppose an entire topic could be devoted to "Fatty Arbuckle and Cars".or something like that.   -    CC 

CBACC1F2-B867-4966-8D68-434BFCF86275.jpeg

• Like 2

Jeff Perkins, I'm pretty sure you have seen my BBQ high temp gauge (thermometer) on my Rolls Royce for my horn button (I had to put something there for now to pass inspection, and I really can't afford the $350 original horn button). A clock on the steering wheel makes for a much more acceptable item, and no doubt something originally there. Although the temp gauge starts at 100 degrees I'm sure it will at times down here in Texas show the true temp in the summer (where it is 100+ degrees the whole summer), especially with the windows rolled up and parked in the sun.

zCAM05629t.jpg.1cdf314eef7f20f372a07a178c4230a1.jpg

zCAM05646i.jpg.92c0ea026b769d06aa7dd8abf6da68e2.jpg

zCAM05622z.thumb.jpg.57c530f91f2e3e8438d0fb953375ab34.jpg

1956 Desoto Fireflite

zCAM05646j.jpg.9374da42fbfa40ed2bb2d373d042ae38.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2020 at 6:17 PM, Michael-Restomod said:

Ok so I admit I am jealous of victorialynn2 at the time of this post having 7666 views and 186 posts.  And having spurred "So Many" neat pictures. So here is a cute picture of a kid in an oldish car. ( I have no pictures left after a house accident, so I have none to offer myself.) So many hours I found myself doing that same thing in my mother's VW beetle, and then I learned to drive it at around age 10.

zCAM05645v.jpg

Great post idea. Cute photo!

I can’t take credit for those numbers. It’s a group effort. 🌝

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Michael-Restomod said:

What wonderful pictures so far keep them coming ! (If I did not click the like button on your picture, it is only because I have to stop myself or I would click them all.)

You will run out of “reactions” too. It happens to me all the time. I don’t like that they limit them.

:(

8 hours ago, C Carl said:

Well, since we are just having a lot of fun with the family, here is "Fatty's" 1919 Pierce Arrow. I  am sure many of you guys have seen it.

CBACC1F2-B867-4966-8D68-434BFCF86275.jpeg

I can't say I've ever seen that particular car, but make it another P-A with freestanding headlights to add to this list:  

Craig

The bracket headlights on a Pierce Arrow were simply a factory option, had nothing to do with New York State laws, nor any laws for that matter.  Then, as now, there were people who wanted a Pierce but didn't like the looks of fender mounted headlights.

This is a case of something being retold so often it becomes accepted as fact, when it’s not....

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 7:35 AM, trimacar said:

The bracket headlights on a Pierce Arrow were simply a factory option, had nothing to do with New York State laws, nor any laws for that matter.  Then, as now, there were people who wanted a Pierce but didn't like the looks of fender mounted headlights.

This is a case of something being retold so often it becomes accepted as fact, when it’s not....

I never believed that urban legend at all.   

Arguably, the Woodlite headlamps seen on Ruxtons, and a handful of other cars, gave the most inferior lighting out of any of them, and I don't recall any jurisdiction banning them at any time.

(Another 'urban legend' that got started years ago. Woodlites were never exclusive to Ruxton.)

Craig

Edited by 8E45E (see edit history)
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, C Carl said:

Well, then again there was one Roscoe C. "Fatty" Arbuckle who appreciated the finest of the fine cars of his era. Ever seen one of his great cars ? I am sure I am not alone among us who would gladly give up an ear, (left OR right), in exchange for one of 'em.

“Roscoe “Fatty” Arbuckle did have exceptional taste in cars - despite other shortfalls in his reputed personal behavior. 

During an AACA/HCCA Reliability Tour based in a Savannah, Georgia a few years back, we were privileged to visit a private collection for a coffee break, driving our 1915 Hudson SIX-40. Among the many excellent cars on display was this 1919 Pierce-Arrow 66 A-4 Tourer, belonging to Mr & Mrs Robert Jepson. The fantastic Pierce-Arrow previously had belonged to Roscoe “Fatty” Arbuckle. Our Hudson was nowhere near as elegant as the surroundings, but more than kept up with traffic.

A2FBCC4C-833C-4364-95AB-9ECD125BE626.jpeg

084A4F4E-AF87-427D-A952-9EA861530130.jpeg

47E0E564-2FE2-4AE9-B855-267C39F5F70C.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, zepher said:

@Marty Roth I have wanted to see that car in person from the moment I learned about it.

What a great privilege to have seen it in person.

Thank you Zephyr,

Among the many benefits of organized AACA/VMCCA/HCCA, and the many other organized marque club tours are invitations to visit private collections. We have, over the past 50+ years of touring, been invited to dozens of truly exceptional collections - some multiple times, such as the Bob & Sandra Bahre collection in Paris, Maine, featuring a grouping of custom-bodied 1934 V-12 Packards among many other fantastic cars - too many to name. 

The nice part is that we also get to tour with our children and grandchildren, and to expose them to so many varied normal, as well as exquisite examples.

The kids are the future of the hobby.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Marty Roth said:

Thank you Zephyr,

Among the many benefits of organized AACA/VMCCA/HCCA, and the many other organized marque club tours are invitations to visit private collections. We have, over the past 50+ years of touring, been invited to dozens of truly exceptional collections - some multiple times, such as the Bob & Sandra Bahre collection in Paris, Maine, featuring a grouping of custom-bodied 1934 V-12 Packards among many other fantastic cars - too many to name. 

The nice part is that we also get to tour with our children and grandchildren, and to expose them to so many varied normal, as well as exquisite examples.

The kids are the future of the hobby.

The Pierce Arrow Society has arranged many a private tour for amazing collections during their meets as well.

It's a wonderful privilege to see such great cars in a completely relaxed setting.

• Like 2

Well, who’d a thunk a kid would go from sitting on dad’s hood, to a grease monkey, then become an infamous Speed-Racer fan...

Dad did everything to get my brothers and I into old cars, but it only afflicted me. I kinda wish he kept the T-Bird, and I might like that Quarter Midget back too. But should I ever loose the memories it would be the worse loss of all...

1473E0F1-D4F6-4078-A3DC-CE22079CE688.jpeg

D08CDA91-AEEB-4850-8ED8-F301C5CD8F0A.jpeg

42BDB75A-55E3-494E-97F4-5C93C8957F2F.jpeg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

Well, who’d a thunk a kid would go from sitting on dad’s hood, to a grease monkey, then become an infamous Speed-Racer fan...

Dad did everything to get my brothers and I into old cars, but it only afflicted me. I kinda wish he kept the T-Bird, and I might like that Quarter Midget back too. But should I ever loose the memories it would be the worse loss of all...

D08CDA91-AEEB-4850-8ED8-F301C5CD8F0A.jpeg

The dreaded bumper jack!  😮

Grandson Nathan loved the 1963 Impala convertible, as well as the 1978 454ci Suburban, but our 1951 F-6 Boardman Pumper / Ford Fire Engine excited him. Of course he treasured his own Ladder Truck. As seen here, we was ready to report for service. Fire Department-issued boots were too heavy and too tall for him to maneuver at that age, but Louisiana “Shrimper Boots”, locally known as:

“CAJUN REEBOKS”

saw him properly Turned-Out ! 

He also got to visit his great grandpa’s former Fire House.

99315709-98AA-46F1-A155-800F102FB854.jpeg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Michael-Restomod said:

As best as I could find this would be a walk through a Futurliner.

zCAM05646m2.jpg.49234e11ca8c7f15aa6ff2a5e90b735f.jpg

zCAM05646o.jpg.37f36ea53c25ec90692d5b60d6572e0c.jpg

zCAM05646q.jpg.792cc304dbe726f539591d19952beb3d.jpg

zCAM05646r.jpg.33512f296f169ad12ec14b8604e4a1d9.jpg

I got a chance to climb up into the seat of the one that Kindig restored one time when I was in Salt Lake city on a job.

Wish I had taken a photo.

5 hours ago, Michael-Restomod said:

Mark Wetherbee, I thought I would clear up your photo a bit. I could not get it much better than that.

zCAM05647b.jpg.cc035f1a601d60f34626f86c3ac31625.jpg

Thank you! As you can imagine, the original was not the best quality and from the mid 60’s. that dark-light streak is probably from exposure to sunlight over the last 50 or so years.

I thought these were lost after my parents had both passed, but my brother had tripped across them and surprised me last September. 

Thanks to your work I now have a new avatar...

Edited by Mark Wetherbee (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

My grandson out for a spin with a good friend in his 1980 Shay. For those who may not be familiar, the Shay Corporation built these fiberglas '29 Model A recreations under license from Ford,  built on a full frame with a Pinto drivetrain, and sold thru Ford dealerships from about 1980-1984. My friend also has a '31 Model A Tudor and a '28 Model A Phaeton fully restored.  

IMG_2954.JPG

IMG_2955.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 months later...