104 year old Mr Peanut is gone. What 1920'Car is he driving ?

Mark Gregory

I cannot believe all the changes happening out there. Borden's and Elsie the cow is gone. Now this.

Ashes to ashes; nuts to nuts.

On Wednesday, Planters announced that their 104-year-old “spokesnut” Mr. Peanut will no longer represent the brand following the mascot’s sudden passing.

“It is with heavy hearts that we confirm that Mr. Peanut has died at 104,” @MrPeanut tweeted, with the account newly renamed the Estate of Mr. Peanut. “In the ultimate selfless act, he sacrificed himself to save his friends when they needed him most. Please pay your respects with #RIPeanut.”

Samantha Hess, Planters’ brand manager at Kraft Heinz, said in a statement, “He will be remembered as the legume who always brought people together for nutty adventures and a good time.”

image.png.c82fc24ce73936dd04677ac4a70c7c67.png

image.thumb.png.c57bd3ce6dfffda200774915e923a051.png

image.png.c981d2667eb9af1559f8fc34d498ed76.png

2 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Maybe about a 1924 or so Studebaker that has been altered. Just a guess.

Good guess, that French roof  and the tight front fenders fit Stude... The drum lights are Stude also. The five bolt hubs make it a Special Six...

Frank

• Like 2

At least Mr. Peanut sacrificed himself so that other might live.....😢😢

So sad that some highly paid AD agency people could not come up with more ideas for the Planters brand other than to kill off Mr. Peanut.

Maybe Planters should have fired their AD agency and found one with fresh ideas to keep Mr Peanut alive and employed.

Wanna bet Planters comes out with a "Baby Peanut" AD for the Super Bowl????

3 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

Maybe Mr. Planter went back to school to further his education.  The he read the ALLERGY ALERT sign on the wall, and found out he was no longer allowed in school.:ph34r:

Craig

Looking at the video it's clear Mr. Planter didn't go back to school but rather after letting go he got planted instead.

Edited by Pfeil (see edit history)

I feel as though I am going off topic here... any idea what the vehicle is in the first pic of the first post?  I assume a pickup.  Drum headlights and disk wheels. The roofline should be a dead giveaway to someone. 

6 minutes ago, gossp said:

I feel as though I am going off topic here... any idea what the vehicle is in the first pic of the first post?  I assume a pickup.  Drum headlights and disk wheels. The roofline should be a dead giveaway to someone. 

If you read down the post - modified 1920's Studebaker Special Six.  I would agree as a lot of styling cues match.

Who was the so-called genius that had the great idea to kill off such a valuable icon that used to be synonymous with a name brand of snacks?  I will no longer purchase PLANTERS PEANUTS!  I will now move over to the generic brands packaged by Chinese nationals which products are sprayed with a long list of unpronounceable sketchy preservatives.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1