No Reserve: 1931 Chrysler CD-8 Sport Roadster

Without brakes and on Bring A Nitpicker, I bet it does no more than $28,000.

Potential bargain for someone. I sold this one for about $70,000 about a year ago, although it was a long, slow slog to get it to a new home...

013.thumb.JPG.91a94ded64c4c171e80589a5cc705c82.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mike6024 said:

Don't attempt to drive it home, unless the journey is entirely uphill.

" Four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes are present but currently do not function, and the seller notes the emergency brake can be used to stop from low speeds."

And when that fails hang on for the ride of your life!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The colors and trunk add to the appearance of the BAT offering-

Reasonable potential,

located in California, wearing a matching trunk, Dual Sidemounts, and a pair of TRIPPE Seniors

Walkaround Video:

With the "survivor" CD8 Coupe recently going for $26K on eBay, this car should well exceed that, but who is to say. There are so many good cars around for circa $50K that a potential buyer has a lot to choose from. Overhauling the full hydraulic brakes on a car like this is a pretty easy job, in fact it would be one of the few jobs a local brake shop could do if you buy a set of new wheel/master cylinders that are readily available for a few hundred dollars. And if shoes need to be refaced, still a pretty simple job. 

• Like 1

My guess is under 50K (somewhere in the 40's) - unfortunate for seller, but next owner will get a great car.

Why do I say such - TAN-BROWN-ORANGE.  The brown is more Rich = that is nice.  the tan is more toward White = that is not nice.  The orange wheels will continue to hold it back. 

And, no where near the quality of restoration or "looks" of the car Matt was offering (which was also TAN-BROWN-ORANGE - all be it a darker tan). 

On 1/23/2020 at 11:51 AM, John_Mereness said:

My guess is under 50K (somewhere in the 40's) - unfortunate for seller, but next owner will get a great car.

Why do I say such - TAN-BROWN-ORANGE.  The brown is more Rich = that is nice.  the tan is more toward White = that is not nice.  The orange wheels will continue to hold it back. 

And, no where near the quality of restoration or "looks" of the car Matt was offering (which was also TAN-BROWN-ORANGE - all be it a darker tan). 

39K - I thought a nice car would overcome colors and ...., but apparently not. 

3 hours ago, Ed Luddy said:

Seems our South American car guys can appreciate the Chrysler's more than us Northern's.

It's a bit complicated, Ed. Different from here. Anyone who has a fairly expensive hobby there down South, is really quite wealthy. Not a place where hard working middle class guys can have a toy car like these. I have spent a few years South of the border, and after several months, you begin to realize you're not in Kansas any more. Please enjoy what being in the middle class has to offer us Northerners. (Dare I add : "while it lasts"  ?).    -    Carl 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1