Nailhead 55

55 Buick special radiator hose size

IMG_20200109_122532920.thumb.jpg.6e34007ad9afbf62a948f851e5960b2d.jpgHello I just got a 1955 Buick special 4 door post about a month ago. It sat in a barn for about 10 years and I just got it running. I'm wondering if anybody knows the size (inner diameter) of the upper and lower radiator hoses and where I can get them? 

Thanks,

Covon

Edited by Nailhead 55 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Hello,

This link will take you to a thread of vendors that you can get these hoses and much more. 

• Like 1

And oddly enough...Rockauto carries the molded hoses you need.   I get quite a few parts for my Buicks from Rockauto.   

Welcome aboard!  Post a picture of your Buick.  

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the help here is a picture of the car when I got it from the barn for anyone interested. Hopefully the picture of it cleaned up uploaded already.203483246_IMG_86242.jpg.9b4ad04a57429a957656ef72b2378bea.jpg

Edited by Nailhead 55 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

That is a true barn find.  Well, you came the right place. 

Post War Technical Forum for questions you have   https://forums.aaca.org/forum/57-buick-post-war-technical/

Me and My Buick Forum to show members what you are up to with your Buick   https://forums.aaca.org/forum/58-me-and-my-buick/

This forum is a participation sport for many!   We would love to see your Buick come back to life!   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nailhead 55 said:

Thanks for the help here is a picture of the car when I got it from the barn for anyone interested. Hopefully the picture of it cleaned up uploaded already.203483246_IMG_86242.jpg.9b4ad04a57429a957656ef72b2378bea.jpg

Sure cleaned up nicely!

It definitely cleaned up nicely I got very lucky. It was so filthy the red didn't even look like the same color after I washed it.

• Like 3

Nice project!  Some bird sure liked your hood ornament...