Need help from a Buick Pro bumper problem

daddymott1

I bought this 1948  RoadMaster 70 , 3 years ago . Just last week sitting on porch admiring it the front bumper hit me upside the head and it didn't matter which way i shake my head i steal could not get the bumper to line up . So could maybe one of you pros tell me maybe what year the bumper is on my RoadMaster 70.

Outside turn signal flashes off and on like they should but the inside indicator light will only flash once, then stays off .

Shouldn't it continue to flash off and on ,as the modern car does . It was a surprise to me to find out that they didn't install a light for the gear shift indicator .

20200120_100704.jpg

That looks like the correct front bumper to me. I guess it's not lining up from side-to-side? I can't remember if the bumper braces go inside or outside of the two frame rails--outside, I think--could that be your problem?

You are right, the lack of a light for the automatic transmission indicator was an oversight. There is an accessory that Buick marketed afterwards called the "Dyna-Lite" and they are occasionally found on Ebay or at swap meets, so that's what you need if you do a lot of night driving.

On the turn signal flasher, someone else will have to answer. Only thing I can think of is that a bad ground sometimes causes strange lamp behavior like that.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

1946 Roadmaster conv. and other Buicks

Hello,check the bumper brackets to frame mounts the bumper looks correct for a 48 ,if you look closely they are a 3 piece assembly Left,center, and right ,and are riveted together,hidden behind the guards.they interchange from 1946 to 48 between the Super and Roadmaster series.You may have a bad ground on the turn signals they should stay on if the outside signal is on . I have a 49 with Dynaflow and it doesn’t have a light for the indicator either,but I have seen an accessory kit that could be fitted as a dealer option.

The turn signals in my '51 did the same thing. The outside lights blinked normally but the interior dash green indicator arrows flashed once, then nothing. I replaced the old thermal flasher unit  (at top of photo) with an improved electronic flasher (on bottom) from Y an Zs.. Works perfect now, inside and out.

IMG_1079.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Pete Phillips , gdmn852 , Kestrel you guys are great .

After looking closer it seems i have the right bumper i think . It is mounted to the out side of the frame . the way the frame is made that is the only way it will mount . it appears to me that the driver side of bumper has been hit forcing it in to finder causing it to be shifted to driver side setting it off in middle . once the drivers corner is straighten  and brackets are re shaped i do believe it will line up great . 

Pete Phillips  right after i read your response  i went on ebay to look for the  "Dyna-Lite" . wow  how about that,  there  was one up for bids  with 0 bids . i waited 3-4 days place several bids and now this one eyed man can see in the dark . cost me but i can see . 

Kestrel checked on the flasher  and getting ready for it now . don't know why my letters have turned blue .

Thank you guys so much . 😁

• Like 1