1939 LZ Glass

jord

Does anyone know for sure if the glass on a 4 door sedan door is the same as a 1939 LZ limo? Found a highly recommended glass site from my local glass dealer and they have the cutouts for the limo. Auto City Classic is the name.

I don't know if the limo and sedan door glass  is the same, but you should be able to get the correct size glass from Sanders in Vancouver, WA. They will do the black edging and maybe even have the correct logo or you can provide a photo from a good piece of glass and they will reproduce it on your glass.

https://www.sandersreproglass.com/

If you have another piece of glass, you can measure it or trace the outline on paper and have the glass shop check if they are the same.

Glass may be the same on 1939 Sedan & Limo. I don't think 39 & 40 Limos had an extended frame and 3rd flip seat; only had refinements over the sedan.  You can confirm P/N's in a 1939 L-Z Body Parts List manual, I only have a 1940 manual. You may have a 39 Body manual, or avail Ebay, or others may chime in. I believe the Brunn Town cars (not limos) were only in 1940 (very different), but the long extended frame/3 seat set Custom Limos did not happen till 41 and 42- looking at the Photo Gallery on this club website home page.  So 41 & 42 side glass would be larger if frame longer. But from scans from 1940 Body Parts List manual attached, if I am reading part numbers correct - glass for the 06H22(Limo) and 06H73(Sedan) front and rear door side glass have the same glass P/N's. 1940 parts numbers are also the same between Sedan & Limo for windshield/rear quarter-panel vent/back window, but would expect they would use the same there.   So if 40 Limos appear to have have same glass as Sedans, then 1939 may be the same also, but check a 39 manual to confirm.

1170698031_FrontDoorglass.thumb.jpg.51a7cd7c16c78c8f12a352f1d8a9aab0.jpg2052614988_RearDoorglass.thumb.jpg.cb81edfda1ce2d3fee7f22039ec7714a.jpg