I'm so lost and confused. I replaced my teves  brake system with one that was reported to be in good working order. I followed every piece of information I have gathered. When starting the car, there are no lights on showing a brake problem. So here is my situation. I can not bleed the rear brakes. The brake fluid resouvior is full. So what have I missed?

Thanks 

I don't understand why you cannot bleed the brakes. What is stopping you?

3 minutes ago, 63viking said:

If you want to talk about it, read your mail, top right of the screen.

5 hours ago, checkmate said:

I'm so lost and confused. I replaced my teves  brake system with one that was reported to be in good working order. I followed every piece of information I have gathered. When starting the car, there are no lights on showing a brake problem. So here is my situation. I can not bleed the rear brakes. The brake fluid resouvior is full. So what have I missed?

Thanks 

To bleed the rear brakes you need to have the car "on" (NOT started), crack the bleeder, then press the brake pedal until the pump on the Teves comes on. It will pump the fluid through the system until you release the pedal. Then tighten the bleeder. Do the other side. Done. On the TC, the rear brakes are on a single line T'd to both sides, so it doesn't really matter which side you start on, unlike split hydraulic systems where you should start with the right rear as it is farthest away from the MC.

3 hours ago, Reaper1 said:

To bleed the rear brakes you need to have the car "on" (NOT started), crack the bleeder, then press the brake pedal until the pump on the Teves comes on. It will pump the fluid through the system until you release the pedal. Then tighten the bleeder. Do the other side. Done. On the TC, the rear brakes are on a single line T'd to both sides, so it doesn't really matter which side you start on, unlike split hydraulic systems where you should start with the right rear as it is farthest away from the MC.

Thank you so much. I'll give this info a try. I've just about pulled my hair out. BTW there is nothing in any of my research that includes this info. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 63viking said:

Did not realize ignition needed to be in the ON position.

5 hours ago, Hemi Dude said:

If you want to talk about it, read your mail, top right of the screen.

Thanks Hemi. put your info in my address book.

On 1/20/2020 at 12:50 PM, 63viking said:

I am on the Reatta site. Please explain.

I've been told the ignition needs in the ON position to activate teves system.  The brakes can be bled

That is correct. For the rear brakes, with the key on, put slight pressure on the pedal and loosen the bleeder, they will bleed themselves.

The front must be bled the old fashion way.

• Like 1

Just be sure not to run the master cylinder reservoir too low on fluid, it will empty faster than you think.

• Like 2