How to remove frozen park lamp bulb?

JonW

I would spray it good with something like PB blaster and let it sit overnight,  then you will just have to work it.  Once the bulb glass comes out if it hasn't already then I usually just get a little aggressive with some pliers and worst case scenario crush the brass sides in on the bulb, while being careful to not damage the socket so I can grab hold of it with pliers and work it until it comes out.  Remember it pushes in before it turns so once you get it to move in and out work it a few times so it's a little looser then it should turn OK. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

I would spray it good with something like PB blaster and let it sit overnight,  then you will just have to work it.  Once the bulb glass comes out if it hasn't already then I usually just get a little aggressive with some pliers and worst case scenario crush the brass sides in on the bulb, while being careful to not damage the socket so I can grab hold of it with pliers and work it until it comes out.  Remember it pushes in before it turns so once you get it to move in and out work it a few times so it's a little looser then it should turn OK. 

Yep. If it won't budge, use a pair of needle nose pliers to grab the edge of the bulb after you break the glass part.

• Like 3

Hmm, one of those rare 454 65 Chevies.😁     Was it a 409 car to begin with?

Advice above is spot on!

10 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

Hmm, one of those rare 454 65 Chevies.😁     Was it a 409 car to begin with?

I’m sure it wasn’t. It was built about 10 years ago and I bought it from a friend of the guy that built it. 

I agree, needle nose after glass is broken. But I’ve also had success using a large flat head screwdriver. After the glass is broken, I shove a flathead (one that is just slightly smaller than the diameter of the bulb) into the base, (where the old epoxy/glue is) and give it a twist. That has worked for me In the past. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...