Random '65 Interior Questions

kdml

I am working through restoring and reinstalling the interior on my '65 and had a few random questions I could not answer by searching.

1. What path does the interior wiring on the floor take into the trunk?  Does it just squeeze between the wheel well and the trunk divider?
  2. When I pulled my gauge cluster there was a seal which is installed in the half-circle where the steering column fits (see picture).  Anyone no where a new seal can be purchased?
  3. I need to replace the AC duct hoses.  They are 1 3/4" and 2 3/4" in diameter.  Anyone no where new hoses can be purchased?  Every vendor I have found has different sizes.

Thanks

Inkedcluster_LI.jpg

27 minutes ago, kdml said:

I am working through restoring and reinstalling the interior on my '65 and had a few random questions I could not answer by searching.

1. What path does the interior wiring on the floor take into the trunk?  Does it just squeeze between the wheel well and the trunk divider?
  2. When I pulled my gauge cluster there was a seal which is installed in the half-circle where the steering column fits (see picture).  Anyone no where a new seal can be purchased? No repo's
  3. I need to replace the AC duct hoses.  They are 1 3/4" and 2 3/4" in diameter.  Anyone no where new hoses can be purchased?  Every vendor I have found has different sizes.

Thanks

Inkedcluster_LI.jpg

1. A flat wire that is under the carpet on the driver's side.

2. No reproduction.

3. HNC

Try AMES (Pontiac) & FUSICK (Oldsmobile) for the A/C hoses.  As well as ECKLERS (Corvette) & many others ALL have some type of A/C ducting hoses & give sizes.

IF you have the carpet up you can see the flat wire that goes under the rug & can see where it connects on the left side on the firewall behind the pic of the fuse box.

That piece you will need to find a good used one.  I don't know this for a fact, BUT I think '63-'65 are the same for standard or tilt columns.

Tom T.

On 1/19/2020 at 10:12 PM, kdml said:

Thanks all.  I have all the wiring. I just can’t figure out where it passes into the trunk.  Do I just snake it under or to the side of the trunk divider or is there a special way to pass it into the trunk?

This is how the ribbon goes into the trunk area on mine ...

IMG_5179.thumb.JPG.daf9eed1f06b14a9224ef8b63869231c.JPG

I can't get into the trunk at this moment to see exactly how it connects, but if more info is needed I can see what I can do.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:18 AM, kdml said:

2. When I pulled my gauge cluster there was a seal which is installed in the half-circle where the steering column fits (see picture).  Anyone no where a new seal can be purchased?

Thanks

Inkedcluster_LI.jpg

Hi Doug,

I had trouble locating the A/C duct hoses on my 63 but found Old Air Products had what I wanted. Worth a try! You may want to get your heater core tested at this stage if you have the console out. It’s fun and you go on the Riviera owners honour roll when you do it!

cheers

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

1 hour ago, RIVNIK said:

hey Rivman!   Q: How do those speakers sound behind the seats? And can I presume you've found an equally clever way to mount two in the front? If so, this could solve a problem Ive pondered over for a long time!

I would like to know as well.

On 1/25/2020 at 10:56 AM, crowvet said:

I would like to know as well.

It has been a VERY LONG time since that car has been on the road, but they did sound good from what I remember. Of course I had a 10" woofer in the middle, and an amp and a 6-disc CD changer in the trunk too.

On 1/25/2020 at 8:59 AM, RIVNIK said:

hey Rivman!   Q: How do those speakers sound behind the seats? And can I presume you've found an equally clever way to mount two in the front? If so, this could solve a problem Ive pondered over for a long time!

I never got the fronts fitted the way I wanted them. I had planned to put a 4X6" on each side of the top of the dash pad. What I did was perforated the metal of the dash pad before I had it recovered, and put screws through from the top to attach the speakers. But, I never got it completed though, so I can't say how those would have sounded.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I am ready to start reassembling my interior. I cannot remember the sequence to install the rear seat and package tray. I know I could figure it out, but why do that when I can sit here in my chair and ask you? I am thinking Package tray, rear window moulding, seat back??