1934 Dodge Brothers kiltie green

Pitalplace

My K47 2 ton truck was a dark green. I have searched the auto paint sites and nothing shows for this color. I found this on the inside of the passenger door and it appears to be Kiltie green. I would like to repaint this truck with this original color if anyone has any information. I am assuming it is a truck color as it does not appear in any of the 30 dodge colors.

kiltie green.jpg

Kiltie green 2.jpg

In looking at several paint color charts for 1934 Dodge commercial vehicles, I see one dark green called Milori Green. Most of the old paint charts are no longer of any use to get code numbers from so it might be more advantageous if you had a small sample for a good paint vendor to computer match or have a sample specially hand mixed. Good hunting!

Thanks for the replies. It appears that Kiltie green was also used on 34 Nash's. I do have a very good example on the dash trim piece and a good paint store in town. I just think it interesting that no where in the paint codes or color charts it appears before 1937. Maybe it was a special order and that is why it was written on the door. Does anyone else have the original paint written on the inside of their doors?

31 minutes ago, Pitalplace said:

Thanks for the replies. It appears that Kiltie green was also used on 34 Nash's. I do have a very good example on the dash trim piece and a good paint store in town. I just think it interesting that no where in the paint codes or color charts it appears before 1937. Maybe it was a special order and that is why it was written on the door. Does anyone else have the original paint written on the inside of their doors?

I have the original paint color indicated on the inside, rear quarter area of my 1931 Dodge brothers business coupe...."Marquette Blue" Model "DH BC"....

Picture 28460.jpg

• Like 2

I did have a paint code written on the rear sail panel like the above photo on my ';36 Dodge but interestingly, the car was not painted in the color indicated with that mark or the build code! Must have been a screwup somewhere!

Here is a photo of the body color 'painted designation' which was on the rear passenger side back panel, 34 PE coupe.  Note that in calling out the color, Gray Light Metallic, it also had the body style, PEBC, or Model PE Business Coupe.  Color callout and body style did match what was originally on the coupe.

078.JPG

Found this on eBay and it should be on it's way in a few days. Between this sample and some existing paint on the truck I should be able to match pretty close. Thanks everybody for the help and pictures. It is neat to see the markings inside the cabs.

1930-1939 AUTO CAR TRUCK RINSHED-MASON PAINT CHIP SAMPLE KILTIE GREEN CODE 23494

s-l500.jpg

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, rjtx667 said:

were you able to get a working paint off the sample? I have a truck I need to repaint soon that is the same color.

The fenders and grille are at the body shop now but the cab is going to be later. Maybe this fall. No I haven't taken the sample and the dash piece to the paint place yet. I can if you want and see what we come up with. 308 650 1522 if you want to talk.

Byron