Unknown shock absorbers

Where we store our cars there is the remains of a 1930 6-14 Durant. It has double action shocks that look like those. Chevrolet shocks were single action for many more years. Art

The shocks are known as a Delco 1 and they were used on 35/6 Auburn, 35 to 38 Buick, 36 Cadillac model 60, some 36/7 Cords, 35/6 La Salle, 35/8 Olds, some 35/7 Packard, 37/46 Pontiac front. That is according to an old "motors repair manual" I have.

While the shock mechanism may have been used on all of the above cars, you have to bear in mind that the arm design will probably differ from make to make.

I have rebuilt 4 Auburns and the arms on their shocks looked identical to the ones you have. Sadly I no longer own the Auburns, but I would suggest you contact Curti on this forum for confirmation.

Viv.

• 4 weeks later...

He probably did not click the (notify me of replies)at the bottom when posting the question. and no one bothered to tell the dude or PM'd  him, Just a thought, but I will answer you guys now go figure mine out LOL😄

3 hours ago, mribbich@wi.rr.com said:

Why do people ask for help on this form and never answer our questions?????????

Marv.

They go in the same folder as the ones who don't acknowledge a helpful response.