Unknown shock absorbers

Kean Thompson

The shocks are known as a Delco 1 and they were used on 35/6 Auburn, 35 to 38 Buick, 36 Cadillac model 60, some 36/7 Cords, 35/6 La Salle, 35/8 Olds, some 35/7 Packard, 37/46 Pontiac front. That is according to an old "motors repair manual" I have.

While the shock mechanism may have been used on all of the above cars, you have to bear in mind that the arm design will probably differ from make to make.

I have rebuilt 4 Auburns and the arms on their shocks looked identical to the ones you have. Sadly I no longer own the Auburns, but I would suggest you contact Curti on this forum for confirmation.

Viv.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry for the LONG delay. My workshop/storage areas were a shambles and I couldn't find them. When numerous other items were also unlocatable, I decided it was time for a thorough reorganisation. They're found. Here are the details:

Shock 1  Long Linkage   Shock Body Number 46390 - 6 - R    Linkage Arm Number 047805   HT (in a circle)  2   End Cap Number 1740X 1FG1

Shock 2  Long Linkage   Shock Body Number 46390 - 7 - R    Linkage Arm Number 047805   HT (in a circle)  2   End Cap Number 1740Y 1FG1

Shock 3  Short Linkage  Shock Body Number 46390 - 1 - R    Linkage Arm Number              ?                                 End Cap Number 1740V  2D2BX

Shock 4  Short Linkage  Shock Body Number 46390 - 3 - R    Linkage Arm Number              ?                                 End Cap Number 1740W 2D2BX

Hope this helps.