panrat

vintage shifter knobs 75.00 each merrimack, n.h.

vintage shifter knobs 75.00 each merrimack, n.h.

if you want 2 knobs price will be 140.00

free shipping

00B0B_1QiXztWjeYk_600x450.jpg

0 (1) - Copy - Copy.PNG

0 (3) - Copy.jpg

0 (4).jpg

0 (5) - Copy.jpg

0 (6) - Copy - Copy.jpg

0 (7) - Copy.jpg

0 (9) - Copy - Copy.jpg

0 (10).jpg

1 (1).jpg

1 (6)QW.jpg

1 (7).jpg

1 (8).jpg

1 (10).jpg

1 (11).jpg

1 (13).jpg

2 (3).jpg

2 (4).jpg

2 (5).jpg

2 (6).jpg

2.jpg

3 (6).jpg

88788778.jpg

7676767676.jpg

band m.jpg

barris custom - Copy (2).jpg

bnbnbn.jpg

bvbvbv.jpg

cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg

• Like 1

if you wat any I can take 5.00 for every knob you but  also free shipping

send payment to friends or family so I don't need to pay the pay pal fee
my pay pal isDONNNY520@COMCAST.NET
PLEASE NOTE 3N'S IN DONNNY THANK YOU SO MUCH
PLEASE SEND ME YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS FOR SHIPPING
THANK YOU SO MUCH

Edited by panrat
price (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Just remember, using friends and family is NOT a protected way to pay... its just like sending cash!

I hope everyone can see through the NEW FANTASY KNOBS that are being represented as “vintage”, they are NEW ITEMS.

DON’T GET TAKEN FOR A SCAM UNLESS YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN FUTURE VALUE.

I had friends scammed by these items when they started appearing on eBay, BUYERS BEWARE. 

• Like 1

its not a scam people do not have to use friends and family if they don't want to

as for the knobs they are vintage  n.o.s. I have sold many knobs no problems

they never got scammed  I am 67 years old and I good rep  

if people don't want to buy knobs they don't have to I have been with pay pal for 9 years

my rep on h.a.m.b is 100% 

I agree with Mark, these didn’t exist in this hobby until around 2000 or later. Too much of that crap is diluting the real automobillia and I think if you were to be honest in your description and tell people the truth about them your 100% self claimed reputation would be greatly diminished.

The HAMB is the right place for them IMHO.

I like the looks of these and when I first saw them I was tempted. (not sure where I first ran onto these, might have been eBay. But its been awhile)

However I also agree that these are not all that vintage, as suggested maybe twenty years old if that.

With that in mind I passed, as it seems 75 bucks for a shift knob is a lot of money no matter how cool they are.

How much did these cost when they were new?

• Like 2

What's with bashing the HAMB here?  I like both forums.  I am a purist with half of my cars(as original as I can make it), and the other "heaps" that are so far gone and wrecks that I bought from wrecking yards, I will build as a hot rods to keep them from the jaws of the crusher... Using dated parts of course.  I plan on using a 1951 331 Hemi, with a 1937 Cadillac 3 Speed, using a Vintage Crager adapter. All going into a wrecked 1936 Dodge truck that was just a cab and bed with a twisted up frame that was cut in half....  As a example...  Maybe a good candidate for one of these knobs.  Now for my 1938 Plymouth PT57 truck that I am restoring with the original driveline, nope!

The important thing is saving this hobby.  If we scrap all of the less than perfect cars, there will be nothing left.  

Let's all just spread some love between us shall we?   If you don't like them, you don't have to buy them....  LOL.

I do see both sides of the story here, but can we please be nice to one another?

My 2¢ here, could be worthless to some...  But I hope that this will smooth out the waves on the topic of selling these knobs.

29 minutes ago, JACK M said:

I like the looks of these and when I first saw them I was tempted. (not sure where I first ran onto these, might have been eBay. But its been awhile)

However I also agree that these are not all that vintage, as suggested maybe twenty years old if that.

With that in mind I passed, as it seems 75 bucks for a shift knob is a lot of money no matter how cool they are.

How much did these cost when they were new?

I can give you a deal 65.00 a knob

thank you wont see these on ebay

• Like 1

2 hours ago, classiccarjack said:

What's with bashing the HAMB here?

I don’t want you to think I’m bashing the HAMB, this is more of a purist site and the HAMB is more suited to the knobs for sale.

I wouldn’t have made any comments if they were not misrepresented as vintage above, but anyone trying to take advantage of the less knowledgeable collectors here do far more damage to the hobby as a whole. Once burned, people are far more likely to walk away and not take a further interest in it.

• Like 3

I totally understand where you are coming from.  I overlooked the fact that there maybe new people coming into the purist side of the hobby.  I am one who does both, and can tell the difference. 

Thanks for shedding some light on this, I would never want to mislead anyone.  I have purchased wrong parts to learn expensive lessons due to my ignorance.  I wish that on nobody.....  It's a hard pull to swallow.

• Like 1

Thanks money pit, that was exactly the point I was trying to make although not as good as you.

The young man I know that was so happy to find that really rare vintage knob for the Model A he’d inherited from his father wound up loosing interest in the car. I can’t say it was just the fault of getting deceived but that was a part of it. 

I would like a definition of " vintage" in your ad. Time period these were " MADE" 

Thanks