1934 CHRYSLER CONVERTIBLE Coupe phoenix AZ craigslist

NOT MINE

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/mesa-1934-chrysler-convt-rare/7057156940.html

1934 CHRYSLER CONVERTIBLE Coupe. CA series. 1 of 700 built according to Classic Car Database. Duel

sidemounts, rumble seat. Motor and trans rebuilt by last owner and has never been started. Have boxes and

boxes of parts. Headlights, spare tire covers, etc. To many cars, not enough time. cALL 480-363-888Six.

Thanks Carl

2020-01-17 18_22_00-1934 CHRYSLER CONVT - RARE - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale.jpg

2020-01-17 18_22_47-1934 CHRYSLER CONVT - RARE - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 1/17/2020 at 9:26 PM, Oregon Desert model 45 said:

NOT MINE

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/mesa-1934-chrysler-convt-rare/7057156940.html

1934 CHRYSLER CONVERTIBLE Coupe. CA series. 1 of 700 built according to Classic Car Database. Duel

sidemounts, rumble seat. Motor and trans rebuilt by last owner and has never been started. Have boxes and

boxes of parts. Headlights, spare tire covers, etc. To many cars, not enough time. cALL 480-363-888Six.

Thanks Carl

2020-01-17 18_22_00-1934 CHRYSLER CONVT - RARE - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale.jpg

2020-01-17 18_22_47-1934 CHRYSLER CONVT - RARE - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale.jpg

Is it sold  the 34 chrysler watt the prices us

3 hours ago, keithb7 said:

Are these old Chryslers challenging to find parts and maintenance items for?

Parts are very difficult to find for these cars, especially any unique convert items. That being said the convert. body is the same for the Dodge, Chrysler and Plymouth in 34. Fenders, dash, bumpers and hood are different for all 3. I've had my 34 Dodge convert for 45 years and I haven't run across any convert parts in that time. Luckily, my car is complete.

Ken

There are 3D machines but even small parts with a fancy 3D machine cant get you to where you would want to be as compared to the real "McCoy".   I have searched for years for parts and given up on some of my quests.  A 1934 Chrysler roadster put back on the road (even with some parts missing) would be nice to read about. Hopefully the new owner will show us some images when the car is driving condition. 

Gorgeous car when finished but virtually impossible to find the 'convertible only' parts for all three of the Chrysler, Plymouth and Dodge versions.  I don't know enough about the 34 DeSoto but I believe it has the same 'convertible unique' parts.  The 34 models are particularly difficult because of the vent/door window assemblies, which are complex, differ from the single pane 33 versions (which is what many owners default to when they can't find the 34 version) and also differ from the closed cars with the vent/door type assemblies.  Took me YEARS to find them for my 34 Plymouth PE convertible coupe.  The cowl parts and folding windshield posts show up from time to time (on the Plymouth they are the same 33-34) and there may be an interchange on the locking knobs for those posts (the knobs are a very complicated assembly as they incorporate a locking pin and are not just 'cast' in one piece). My guess is that these were made by an independent contractor because, for example, the windshield posts look almost the same as those on a 31 Chevrolet, but they are slightly different and do not interchange.  Somebody needs to save this Chrysler.

34peconvwindshield.jpg

post-89602-143142160416[1].jpg

i204175[1].jpg

• Like 1