Sign in to follow this  
1950panhead

1929 Packard 6-40 Deluxe Eight Roadster

As a sidenote:  Bob Anzelone restored the car and it was as nice as you would ever want to find - my guess is that restoration costs far exceeded any of its sales prices since restoration.

On 1/17/2020 at 2:05 PM, 1950panhead said:

This car sold for $170 recently

20191008114245resized-1570566231662-2x.jpg

Care to try again on the selling price. I know prewar prices have fallen a bit but... Zeke

• Haha 1

That is standard terminology in the realm of inexpensive objects such as this Packard, Zeke. Couple, three, four orders of magnitude upscale, and again flippant casuality peppers the prattle of the prosperous. Picture this guy : Among his many "beach houses", one of them sits on the Amalfi Coast. The 482 draws too much, so is secured by offshore bouys. No problem. As do such yachtsmen, he has a "tender", (Yes that is what the floating toy box is called which is fully crewed and simply shadows the big'un),  to serve wherever duty as a lighter is needed for shallow draught situations. Not much more than 1/2 the LOA of the big gal, at around deuce-and-a-half, our guy picked it up for "a quarter" a couple or three tax breaks ago. He chuckles at the windfall the latest tax break has blown his way. Villa in the hills above the "beach house" set him back a "cool quarter". Yeah : " Cool Quarter". THAT is how "they" put it. I think this Amazon guy, Jeff, uh, Jeff who ? was headed towards another magnitude of quarters before splitting the portfolio with the ex-missus. Having to replace the sheets split gonna set him back in his aspirations towards becoming the world's first trillionaire. Shouldda been me !!!     -   CC 

Edited by C Carl
Spelling & embellishment (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Care to try again on the selling price. I know prewar prices have fallen a bit but... Zeke

Zeke,

You missed the boat on this auction, you could have been stylin in a 29 Packard roadster, it sold for $170k

2 hours ago, C Carl said:

That is standard terminology in the realm of inexpensive objects such as this Packard, Zeke. Couple, three, four orders of magnitude upscale, and again flippant casuality peppers the prattle of the prosperous. Picture this guy : Among his many "beach houses", one of them sits on the Amalfi Coast. The 482 draws too much, so is secured by offshore bouys. No problem. As do such yachtsmen, he has a "tender", (Yes that is what the floating toy box is called which is fully crewed and simply shadows the big'un),  to serve wherever duty as a lighter is needed for shallow draught situations. Not much more than 1/2 the LOA of the big gal, at around deuce-and-a-half, our guy picked it up for "a quarter" a couple or three tax breaks ago. He chuckles at the windfall the latest tax break has blown his way. Villa in the hills above the "beach house" set him back a "cool quarter". Yeah : " Cool Quarter". THAT is how "they" put it. I think this Amazon guy, Jeff, uh, Jeff who ? was headed towards another magnitude of quarters before splitting the portfolio with the ex-missus. Having to replace the sheets split gonna set him back in his aspirations towards becoming the world's first trillionaire. Shouldda been me !!!     -   CC 

C.  Carl: Do you think you could break that down for a simple minded boy from the foothills of eastern Kentucky? It doesn’t have to be one syllable words. I graduated Laudy Come Look from the University of Kentucky. Being land locked,  the boating references elude me. Does this have anything to do with the Ark Park in northern Kentucky?

• Haha 1