John_S_in_Penna

Any modern cars you admire, or aspire to acquire?

12 minutes ago, Pfeil said:

That little pull is manually attached by a rod to the door latch. So all four of the pulls were stuck? couldn't get them in the pulled out open position?

Just drivers side wouldn’t work. I crawled over to the passenger side. If anyone has more questions, please  Pm me. (Will not respond here any longer, so as to avoid taking over this thread any more.)

Just a quick note to say that I posted about my issue with my Toyota on their Facebook Page. They had me call and they do have a warranty enhancement and they say they will fix it at no charge. 👍 Thanks for everyone’s help. 

• Like 3

And being fickle, now aspire to an '89 Allante with both tops.

89psl1sm.jpg

BMW m6 convertible in white , black alloys , ticks all my boxes , but still rather have a 1930s speedster if I was spending that much bread 

I wanted a late model Camaro so in February I bought this 2017 RS with the 335 hp V6 and 8 speed automatic transmission. It's like new and only had 10k miles on it when I bought it and I've put less than 1k miles on it so far. When I punch it the trans kicks down about 3 gears and really pushes you back in the seat. I drove an SS first but didn't notice that much of a difference power-wise plus the V6 runs on regular and the insurance is probably a lot cheaper than if I had bought the SS with the V8. After about a month I decided to remove the stripes so I could see more of that beautiful yellow paint.... 

F035D58A-727A-43C6-B737-5AE1499403D3.jpeg

41401FCF-A326-4894-B7E3-B68648B9BFEF_1_105_c.jpeg

DB25CE4A-3DDA-4E24-8A78-6380AD31D205_1_105_c.jpeg

A66A5381-A095-419B-B610-20EAAC2A3E6E_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just picked up this gem a couple of weeks ago. It is a 2019 Challenger R/T which came with the 5.7 Hemi and 8 speed auto. Will it be collectible, no. Will I likely keep it and pamper it until I can’t drive anymore, possible. I’m hoping it will be a long time as I’m almost 67. As a caveat, I’ve now had 3 “last” cars. I traded in my 2013 Lincoln MKX which was not only a great driving machine, but one of the most reliable cars I’ve ever owned.

This car is a throwback to the muscle cars of the late 60’s and 70’s.  While there are options for incredible more horsepower, the 5.7 will put you back in your seat when you nail the loud pedal. The exhaust has an amazing burble to it that changes to a growl when revved.  It will boil the rear tires with the traction control turned off (not that I done that Hee, Hee). It is a very comfortable car sized for a big guy like me. As a kicker it has continued the beautiful styling of the original Challenger and remained virtually unchanged since its reintroduction in 2008.  While visibility isn’t the best, it is better than the Camaro or Mustang although those both hold an edge in power over the 5.7 with the right options. The Challenger has an actual usable back seat unlike other pony cars and a huge trunk.  It is a most comfortable driving car for long trips and guaranteed to put a smile on the face of anyone who appreciates a car with muscle.  Best of all as I bought it used it was very affordable.  Oh, and as of right now, since I purchased it, I’m averaging 22.8 MPG on regular gas. I also have to say that I never thought of myself as a MOPAR guy but this car just might change that.

1D4A9DED-D0D4-4670-8366-A9F7C921A115.jpeg

Edited by ol' yeller
Left out something (see edit history)

46 minutes ago, ol' yeller said:

I just picked up this gem a couple of weeks ago. It is a 2019 Challenger R/T which came with the 5.7 Hemi and 8 speed auto.

About a year ago coworker picked up a Challenger with the Scat Pack 1320 "angry bee" package.

When put in track mode the car is a beast with one of the best shifting automatics I have ever experienced.

It's a big, heavy car but it doesn't feel like it when you're driving it.

I must say, it was a real treat when he let me drive it.  First he had me drive it around in normal mode then he put it in track mode so I could see the difference.

The car really does have tons more power in track mode.

And having ridden in the back seat of his Challenger, I agree with you - the backseat is actually functional.  It's a little tricky to get in and out of for anyone over 50, but what coupe isn't, and it is quite comfortable.

• Thanks 1

You mean my 38 Studebaker isn't a modern car? Damn 

This is my current indulgence. A 2015 GT Premium convertible. Rollbar is cosmetic and is really a 'lightbar' as it has a taillight in the center. Borla X-pipe and a few other performance goodies but nothing exterior that would give it away. Thank goodness it has rain, sport, and track modes. In the rain it can be a challenge with that much horsepower (~500). Turning off the nannie controls (track mode) turns it into a fire-breathing, hold on tight, and you better be on your game ride. Not for the faint of heart or those with weak driving skills as it is a heavy car and bigger than you realize. Heated and Cooled seats just extend the top down season. Hard to beat for the money for power, safety, and size. Agree the back seat is a stretch for the Mustang but it isn't really for hauling 4 friends around anyway. 

IMG_1206.JPG

Not a fan of working my butt off to pay a bank an enormous monthly check so I can ride around in a new car. I did buy my wife a new mustang a couple of years ago 1. because a mustang was her first car and she wanted a new one 2. for somewhat of a payback for the 5 years of restoration and money spent on my 77 trans am.

I am partial to MB, and just recently had to put my ole ML 320 out to pasture. If I had a blank check a later model CLS checks the boxes for me. As far as modern cars go I think its one of the best looking out there. After experience though, I wouldnt want to foot the service bills when parts started to die though. My newest vehicle (other than the 'stang) is an '06 F150. I'm perfectly happy with it. 

49909506282_2a3a18db87_c.jpg2020-05-18_10-49-26 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr

Heres my wifes 'vert beside my bird. Its  a '14 model, loaded with a v-6. I think it has something like 300+hp, I'm sure your black one will run circles around it but this car has the most power I have ever felt from a 6. It is a blast to drive.

2 hours ago, TAKerry said:

'06 F150. 

I have one too with 135k on it. How many miles on yours?

95460395-6047-437D-B824-39E276668C39_1_105_c.jpeg

Leb: my CTS has the 304 hp version of that V-6 and just a 6-speed but pushes you back with a 3.73 rear end winds to a seven grand redline. I think of it as a pseudo track day car but the staggered tires were just too much and went square.

But that's my DD and not anything I aspire to.

Pushing 300k. Bought it brand new, had the trans replaced last year.