Any modern cars you admire, or aspire to acquire?

This is my current indulgence. A 2015 GT Premium convertible. Rollbar is cosmetic and is really a 'lightbar' as it has a taillight in the center. Borla X-pipe and a few other performance goodies but nothing exterior that would give it away. Thank goodness it has rain, sport, and track modes. In the rain it can be a challenge with that much horsepower (~500). Turning off the nannie controls (track mode) turns it into a fire-breathing, hold on tight, and you better be on your game ride. Not for the faint of heart or those with weak driving skills as it is a heavy car and bigger than you realize. Heated and Cooled seats just extend the top down season. Hard to beat for the money for power, safety, and size. Agree the back seat is a stretch for the Mustang but it isn't really for hauling 4 friends around anyway. 

IMG_1206.JPG

Not a fan of working my butt off to pay a bank an enormous monthly check so I can ride around in a new car. I did buy my wife a new mustang a couple of years ago 1. because a mustang was her first car and she wanted a new one 2. for somewhat of a payback for the 5 years of restoration and money spent on my 77 trans am.

I am partial to MB, and just recently had to put my ole ML 320 out to pasture. If I had a blank check a later model CLS checks the boxes for me. As far as modern cars go I think its one of the best looking out there. After experience though, I wouldnt want to foot the service bills when parts started to die though. My newest vehicle (other than the 'stang) is an '06 F150. I'm perfectly happy with it. 

49909506282_2a3a18db87_c.jpg2020-05-18_10-49-26 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr

Heres my wifes 'vert beside my bird. Its  a '14 model, loaded with a v-6. I think it has something like 300+hp, I'm sure your black one will run circles around it but this car has the most power I have ever felt from a 6. It is a blast to drive.

2 hours ago, TAKerry said:

'06 F150. 

I have one too with 135k on it. How many miles on yours?

95460395-6047-437D-B824-39E276668C39_1_105_c.jpeg

Leb: my CTS has the 304 hp version of that V-6 and just a 6-speed but pushes you back with a 3.73 rear end winds to a seven grand redline. I think of it as a pseudo track day car but the staggered tires were just too much and went square.

But that's my DD and not anything I aspire to.