Help identify this steering wheel.

Markith

I found this old steering wheel at a garage sale and was wondering what car it’s for or if it even is for a car? Or if anyone has more information about it? Would appreciate it. No stamps or markings or anything so I don’t have anything to go on.. 

43484F2B-B8F0-43D1-A59E-63418EAC6573.png

4 hours ago, George Smolinski said:

Looks similar to a Corvette wheel (C3), but it isn't. Judging from all the holes, I wonder if it's aftermarket universal. Try searching for mid to late 60's optional GM wheels. Maybe it's from a BOP.

Thanks I will do that! 

It looks like a British aftermarket wheel. That square center cut out is a dead give away. I forget the likely maker's name but Springall or Paddy Hopkirk are a good place to start.  Quite desirable for a 1960's British sports car early Mini's etc. The hubs with the matching raised square are hard to find but do turn up from time to time. Les Leston is also one to look into but they usually have a LL stamping. Definitely not a Moto Lita, one of the nicest of the era.

Greg in Canada

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 1912Staver said:

It looks like a British aftermarket wheel. That square center cut out is a dead give away. I forget the likely maker's name but Springall or Paddy Hopkirk are a good place to start.  Quite desirable for a 1960's British sports car early Mini's etc. The hubs with the matching raised square are hard to find but do turn up from time to time. Les Leston is also one to look into but they usually have a LL stamping. Definitely not a Moto Lita, one of the nicest of the era.

Greg in Canada

Thanks a lot for the info I will do more research on the maker’s you mentioned!