Fox Car Company Philadelphia Pa

4wheelgreg

Hi Guys 

New guy here on this site . I just picked up a a lot of car parts and what i would consider memorabilia from the Fox car company in the 1920's in Philadelphia . 

I did not see to many Fox related  , I know A.H. Fox was more known for his shotguns but did do a run at bulding cars and equipment related .

The original building is long gone , I found my treasure in another building , parts and equipment was owned by a guy who worked for Fox , I got the stuff from his grandson along with lots of other cool car stuff .

• Like 4

The only existing Fox is a sedan that for decades was owned by a fellow from central NY state, he sold the car to Harrah's and when Harrah's collection was sold off in part a friend in Pa. bought the Fox and his name is Tom Kidd. Tom is the perfect owner for the car and it is well preserved.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 4wheelgreg said:

The original building is long gone , I found my treasure in another building , parts and equipment was owned by a guy who worked for Fox , I got the stuff from his grandson along with lots of other cool car stuff .

Wonder if there are any race car related bits, Philadelphia was a hub for high end AAA racing in the 1920's. Bob 

8 hours ago, Walt G said:

... a friend in Pa. bought the Fox and his name is Tom Kidd. Tom is the perfect owner for the car and it is well preserved.

51 minutes ago, 29 franklin said:

I think Tom would be very interested in this find. His Fox is a beauty 

Wow, the depth of knowledge on this forum is amazing.

Rare memorabilia comes to light, and only an hour later,

the ONLY remaining Fox car is identified!

I suspect that Greg and Tom Kidd would have a very

productive time if they got together.  At least, Mr. Kidd

would love seeing the memorabilia;  and I'm sure he would

like to unite his car with the items if you want to sell them, Greg.

Wouldn't Fox car parts be a Godsend to the owner of a Fox car?

Walt G., who is a nationally experienced automotive writer,

could surely put the two parties together--for interest, if nothing else.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks for the great information guys , most people in philadelphia do even know that cars were made in Philadelphia .

Philadelphia had a lot of manufacturing in the early 1900's people are not aware of .

Check out this was part of the Fox parts find .

IMG_1729.JPG

IMG_1730.JPG

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 1/15/2020 at 11:34 AM, 1937hd45 said:

Wonder if there are any race car related bits, Philadelphia was a hub for high end AAA racing in the 1920's. Bob 

I cannot confirm if this was made by the fox car company or not.  Was removed from a Sprint car that was being built in the early 30's. Located suburban Philadelphia. 

downsized_0421131021.jpg

downsized_0421131008.jpg

1 minute ago, Jerryrod said:

I cannot confirm if this was made by the fox car company or not.  Was removed from a Sprint car that was being built in the early 30's. Located suburban Philadelphia. 

downsized_0421131021.jpg

downsized_0421131008.jpg

Is that a Ford Model A transmission? Here, downunder, Model A trans were used a lot in speedway racers as an

"in-and-out" box.

3 minutes ago, Ozstatman said:

Is that a Ford Model A transmission? Here, downunder, Model A trans were used a lot in speedway racers as an

"in-and-out" box.

From my research yes it looks like an A transmission converted to "in out"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Nice piece, thanks for posting it. Do you plan to us it or does it need a new home? Bob 

First I must apologize. I dont really understand how to use forums to well so if I am doing this incorrectly I am sorry. It currently resides at my father's house as it was my late grandfathers. We don't really have any plans to build any racer so I am sure if he knew it was going ntona good home and at a fair price it will be for sale. 

On 1/15/2020 at 8:51 AM, Walt G said:

... a friend in Pa. bought the Fox and his name is Tom Kidd.  Tom is the perfect owner for the car and it is well preserved.

On the original subject of the Fox car memorabilia:

Does anyone know whether Tom Kidd, the owner of

the Fox car, made any connection with the owner of

the memorabilia?

It's always satisfying when things go to a good home.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...