Sign in to follow this  
Mike "Hubbie" Stearns

Tire question

Since it's too cold to work on my fire truck, I've been doing something research. I've been looking for the build sheets I have say the tires were 34x7 all the way around. When I got it, it had 825-20 on one side and 900-20 on the other. First question is what size tire is 34x7?  Some web sites say the 825 and others say the 900.

Second question    the rims I have are the 3 piece style which I'm not a posed to using.  Is there a way to use radials instead of bias glass?

thanks Mike. 

34 x 7 denotes a high pressure tire.  The modern balloon tire would be 700 x 20.  I think a 700 tire would look skinney but a 900 is relatively fat and might spoil the looks of your fire truck.

I was looking at 20.5 tubeless drop center rims which would have fit perfectly the 20" cast spoke wheels on a 1934 Diamond T.  The only gain was availability and increased capacity but the larger, fatter tires totally ruined the appearance of the truck IMHO.

Edited by Tinindian (see edit history)

Here is a possibility, MIke. I don't know if you will be able to read the fine print. These are tube type steel radials. G, 14 ply rated. Thanks to Derek Thille who found these tires.   -   Carl 

9F5D3179-9BE6-48E2-B590-983FD51CE7F4.jpeg

• Like 1