Book to help AACA Building Fund

West Peterson

Here is a perfect way to help out AACA, and get something in return at the same time.

It has been my privilege to know Gene Epstein for a long time. In the midst of getting two cars ready for major shows, he was in the final stages of publishing an autobiographical book, "Lemon Juice: The Confessions of a Used Car Dealer — A Metamorphosis."

In its Prologue, he quickly captures the reader’s attention: “I was sitting at my desk ... and noticed a man ... standing by my office door. He was wearing a long black coat, which was unusual, as it was a warm sunny day. ... I motioned for him to come in. That was my first mistake. He slowly and quietly approached the desk where I was seated. He then leaned over my desk and from somewhere inside his coat, pulled out a large caliber revolver and pointed it directly at my head.” Needless to say, this was not how Gene envisioned beginning his morning at the office, but in his words, “the used car business was a tough occupation to be in.”

Gene began buying and selling used cars early in life. At age 16, he borrowed $50 from his mother to buy a used car, which he sold the following day, tripling his investment. While his ingratiating personality made him a natural with sales, selling used cars wasn’t always a bed of roses.

Some of you may know that Gene is an AACA member. He is generously donating ALL of his book’s proceeds to the AACA Building Fund. For the first 1,000 copies sold through Amazon or Lulu.com, AACA will receive the entire $19.95 purchase price.

If you purchase Gene’s book, simply forward your electronic receipt to AACA, and AACA will receive all of the proceeds. For this endeavor, we have established a dedicated email address: BOOK@AACA.ORG

My guess is that you will not be able to put the book down ... well ... at least not until the last page is turned. Happy reading, and thanks for supporting AACA with your purchase!

LuLu Press

627 Davis Drive

Morrisville, N.C. 27560

LuLu.com or Amazon.com

Ebooks available from BarnesAndNoble.com and ibooks.com

ISBN: 978-16847-113-6-9

316 p., paperback, 6” x 9”

350 b/w/color photos,

$19.95

(All proceeds go directly to AACA)

Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 4.34.33 PM.png

• Like 1