1932 Studebaker 8 cylinder generator

BeaminDave

Hi David, while I can’t help you I would suggest posting this down below in the Studebaker only section. Another great place to go is The Antique Studebaker Club.

It would also help if you know the brand and model number of the generator itself that you are looking for if you know what it is, and a picture of where it goes on your car. The more information that you have the easier it will be to find the right part.

Good luck with your search!

• Like 1

Another thought is to check with the Pierce-Arrow guys, I wouldn’t doubt they shared components around this time as Studebaker had control of Pierce around the time. Here’s a picture of my Pierce-Arrow generator with and without the water pump mounted, does yours look similar?

5726C51E-9D19-41EF-AE27-9D53F10C6C03.png

DFA3536C-F958-4246-B485-1111C87219A4.jpeg

It depends on which 8 cylinder engine you have.  Presidents with the 337 cu in engine used generator 927J from 1931-33.  The armature, but not the generator itself, was shared with Pierce Arrows of the period.

Dictators and Commanders with the smaller 8 used generator 955C from 1929 through 1934.  The Chilton Interchange book says 1930-ish Marmons used the same armature - good luck with that!

• Like 1