Why "Star Wars Air Cleaner?"

Chimera

I think the AC housing looks more like the original Star Trek shuttle craft. :P

The name "Star Wars" air cleaner is a lot sexier than "Star Trek Shuttle" air cleaner though!

1219121342_1736518-1600x900-DesktopNexus_com.thumb.jpg.b59e50c706e8990696b775cf696488f1.jpg

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Is the "Star Wars" air cleaner from a 67 Riviera GS worth more than a "Star Wars" air cleaner from a 67 Skylark GS?   At least you can buy a repo of the Oldsmobillac/Cadimobile "Batwing."

This aluminum repo would look good on a nailhead with finned valve cover if they were painted engine color with the fins in the natural aluminum.

CAL-O10008_US_HK_ml.jpg.8c2efb80ab962befaed53e0a524c244b.jpg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I almost bought the aluminum batwing, but wasn't sure it would fit under the hood. It's my understanding a regular batwing doesn't fit without serious base mods.

I went with a Cal Custom "Shaker Scoop" for mine. With a 2" tall 10" diameter air filter, it clears the hood by almost a inch. The filter is undersized by a couple cubic inches for the engine size, but I prefer the looks than full on performance. Inbeween the fins is going to be painted teal to match the motor. Matching valve covers eventually.

nailhead teal shaker.jpg

• Like 2