Oh my gosh!!!!!

Gene Brink

"Rode hard and put away wet" makes me think there may be five or six generations between the seller and the appraiser. But, you know, those plain side Roadmasters, without the woodgrain, are scarce as hen's teeth.

These old euphemisms remind me of the time I gave a guy a ride in my '67 Cadillac. He got in and said "Wow! This car is about six axe handles wide."

I asked "Where do you live where axe handles are a unit of measure?"

"Boston" he replied.

Bernie

• Like 1

93's still had the 180 hp L-05  Chevy 5 .0 liter engine.  Starting in 94, those wagons came equipped with the 260 hp LT-1.  Strangely enough, the LT-1 powered cars got better gas mileage than their predecessors.  I've yet to see one of these wagons with good carpeting in it.  I guess the guy was more concerned with the cool factor than safety. He removed the steering wheel with the air bag in favor of a wood wheel.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

On 1/13/2020 at 2:37 AM, Y-JobFan said:

Blow up the pictures, this ones been rode hard and put away wet

Of course it is, it is a wagon, made to drive.👍 And if it was not rode hard, it would be way more than $2500!😁

Says it has been replaced with LT-1 engine. Then why does it still have the old engine's air induction system? 

Stock rims would make that look good. Being woodgrain delete is one thing, but it is also sans the side molding, so that was done after the factory, AFAIK. Still looks better than the side molding with the missing black strips (as most are now).