CCCA Museum at Gilmore, pictures wanted

trimacar

This may seem like a strange request, does anyone have good pictures of the CCCA Museum that they'd send me and allow me to reprint in the Pierce Arrow Foundation Museum newsletter?  I'm editor of that rag, and occasionally do a "Partner Museum" article.

Specifically would like a shot of the exterior of the building, a few shots of cars inside, and a shot of the mascot collection, overall and/or a group of mascots.

Thanks, I guess you could post them here, or for higher resolution email them to me at david.coco@comcast.net    

You could contact the museum yourself,

and see what pictures they already have.

They likely would be happy to help an editor,

and even take specific pictures you request.

David, if you lift any pictures from the posted

responses here, you might be better to get 

those same pictures via e-mail instead.  I noticed,

when I have posted pictures here on our forum,

that the forum software must re-size them.

Pictures that were crisp and clear in high resolution

often become fuzzy when posted on our forum.

You will want the best pictures, not the forum-fuzzies!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

A few shots I took last time there. Some were taken upstairs and down in the CCCA building. You can tell the CCCA building interior shots by the barn board walls making it look rust-eke. Originally being a restored barn moved to this location and a beautiful setting it is. Tile floors are shots downstairs wood floors are up. 

When you google my car style and year a picture of it comes up from when we were there. 

1930 Cadillac V-8 Coupe for 5-Passengers

Joe

2015-06-05 2015-06-06 001 037.JPG

2015-06-05 2015-06-06 001 044.JPG

2015-06-05 2015-06-06 001 051.JPG

2015-06-05 2015-06-06 001 057.JPG

2015-06-05 2015-06-06 001 064.JPG

2015-06-05 2015-06-06 001 046.JPG

2015-06-05 2015-06-06 001 063.JPG

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

On 1/12/2020 at 7:43 PM, kfle said:

Did you email Carol Vogt directly? She is usually responsive.  cvogt@cccamuseum.org

Carol was a great help, she sent me some very nice photos, as did a few of you, thanks to all.

I guess my previous attempts to contact the CCCA were to the wrong people, Carol was most helpful...thanks David C.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, trimacar said:

Carol was a great help, she sent me some very nice photos, as did a few of you, thanks to all.

I guess my previous attempts to contact the CCCA were to the wrong people, Carol was most helpful...thanks David C.

I am glad to hear it.  Carol is the executive director of the CCCA museum.

Kevin

1 hour ago, Dave39MD said:

Matt,

It looks good to me but you must be talking past the skin deep part. Then again I bought a 40 Coupe out of a junk yard in high school and have always wanted to give it another try.

Dave

I bought that car from a big collector car dealer who was appointed to dispose of it for the CCCA. The truck driver who brought it to us said two guys had to drive it on the trailer--one pouring gas into the carb and one trying to steer and manage the hand brake because the service brakes were shot. So was the fuel system, the cooling system, the rockers, the floors, and more. I had a client who really wanted it and we spent a few thousand of his dollars getting it operational (we did the gas tank, electric and mechanical fuel pumps, new fuel lines, carburetor, re-cored the radiator, new water pump, flushed and cleaned the block, removed and installed new freeze plugs, new wheel cylinders, new hoses, new shoes, new bearings, rebuilt the starter and generator, all before the buyer cried, "Uncle!" because there was still so much to do). Eventually it just went away half finished. I'm pretty sure I'm the only dealer who actually drives and services the cars I sell--this car came from a big name dealer with assurances to just "throw some tires on it, it's tour ready!" That poor car hasn't been ambulatory for at least a decade.

There's no way they didn't know what a piece of crap it was and I would have been very embarrassed to send that car out in that condition with my name on it. At least they put a new battery in it, I guess...

20 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

848575560_2015-06-052015-06-06001045.thu

This poor, sad car passed through my shop on its way to a new owner. Everything they say about the condition of museum cars is 100% true. Maybe 150% true in this car's case.

The flip side of that coin... I cry a little bit every time a car I know to be a good runner ends up in a museum. It won’t be a good car after a decade or two sitting. 

I think museums are the perfect place for pretty cars that never got sorted out to be any fun.