1934 - 1935 lower “A” frame yoke pivot pin

Jim Nelson

I am rebuilding my lower ”A”  frame has a yoke at the end next to the knuckle support.    There a a 1” dia. pin that connects the two. (‘A’ frame to the bottom of the knuckle support).      My pins are in need of replacement.      Who might have a NOS pin ?   

• 2 weeks later...

Pont35cpe,   I contacted “Rare Parts” and bingo.    They had a pin that matches.    It is the same as a  1936 Buick lower  ‘A’ frame outboard pin.     Is a more modern design,  better than the original.     Their kit included brass bearing inserts and brass washers and steel shims.    They only had three kits available.    I needed two to cover both sides.    I’m a happy camper.   Foreword and onward to finish my front end.   Ya man....

Their is a question on how to balance twin carb’s using a Unisyn.    I still have mine from my much younger days.     In my aviating days,   You need to get a used twin engine manifold gage.    I used to have a Rotax  912 engine that had two carbs.    A great little 100 hp engine.    The twin engine manifold gage would let me balance exactly both carb’s at the same time.   

• Like 1