For Sale: 1941 Plymouth Deluxe Business Coupe

This 1941 Plymouth  Deluxe Business Coupe is a  solid and honest car that was given a cosmetic restoration about 20 years ago.

The car was repainted its original color of Sumach Red. Today, the paint shows well. There are a few small blemishes that could easily be fixed, but you really need to look hard to find them. The bumpers have been recently re-plated. The chrome and stainless trim items are in very nice condition and match the overall condition of the car. It is a very appealing and good looking car.

The body and frame of this car are rock solid. When you crawl underneath this car, the frame, floor pans, trunk pan, sills, rockers, etc are straight, solid, and have never been repaired or damaged. This was always a good, solid car.

The interior was likely replaced at the time of the repaint and is very clean and presentable. The seat assembly is covered in a nice, brown mohair material. The door panels and headliner were redone in a complementary tan material. The glass is good and the windows roll up and down properly.

Under the hood, is the  original 201.3 CID, six-cylinder flathead. It starts easily, idles well and goes down the road properly. The clutch and transmission shift easily and operate smoothly. The braking system has recently been fully serviced. The gauges and lights work properly although the wipers do not currently function. The wide whitewall tires are in good condition.

This is a fun car that can be driven as-is and easily improved upon while you enjoy it. It is an attractive example of an unusual and rarely seen car.  The car is located in Jefferson, WI. Reasonably priced at 15,000.00.

Please call 734-730-4274 or email: motoringicons@hotmail.com to schedule a test drive and inspection, or to request more information and additional photos.

Thank you.

thumbnail_P1.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 4.14.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 4.14.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 4.13.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 4.12.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 4.13.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 4.13.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 4.28.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 4.12.29 PM.png

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 8:10 AM, bryankazmer said:

Nice lines.  is this a P11 Deluxe, rather than a P12 Special Deluxe - trim seems to be that of P11?

I am not sure  as I am not a Plymouth expert. However, the very original dash board does have a "Plymouth Special Deluxe" emblem attached to it. 

p1.jpg

• Like 1

The emblems on the side of the hood saying "Deluxe" or "Special Deluxe" if I recall correctly. One piece bumper vs wider end sections added.  One piece of stainless on the side vs a second piece at the higher crease near the belt. Stainless on sides of running board. There are two styles of parking lights but that was a running change.

Now none of this is a major difference, but it looks to be either a P12 with some trim missing or a P11 with some added.

Somebody who is more a Mopar expert than either of us can pipe  in - i"m going by an original P12 I owned  some years ago.  A nice driving car of the era.

On 2/5/2020 at 2:09 PM, bryankazmer said:

The emblems on the side of the hood saying "Deluxe" or "Special Deluxe" if I recall correctly. One piece bumper vs wider end sections added.  One piece of stainless on the side vs a second piece at the higher crease near the belt. Stainless on sides of running board. There are two styles of parking lights but that was a running change.

Now none of this is a major difference, but it looks to be either a P12 with some trim missing or a P11 with some added.

Somebody who is more a Mopar expert than either of us can pipe  in - i"m going by an original P12 I owned  some years ago.  A nice driving car of the era.

After some quick and certainly not conclusive research, I think you are right. The car is a P11 "Deluxe" and not a "Special Deluxe". Not sure why the dashboard emblem says "Special Deluxe", maybe they were out of "Deluxe" emblems when this car rolled down the assembly line. Original ad copy edited accordingly.

Either way, it is an extremely presentable and great running prewar coupe for only 15K-or half the price of a Ford!!!

Thanks for the info. It is always great to learn more about these cars. 

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)