carbdoc

I Need to Know What Manual This Page Is From!

The Old Carb Doctor needs some help! 

I hope everyone is able to see the document below; sorry that the print is so tiny.  It is Stromberg Downdraft Carburetor Jet Specifications page #C-158 from some 1937 manual whose coverage goes back to 1931, but I do not know who published the manual (Stromberg itself, perhaps?).  This page was accessed through restorecarsclassifieds.com, but they don't seem to have all of the other pages and, as it happens, the info I currently need should be on page C-159

I need to know who published the manual and what they called it (perhaps it covered more than just carburetors?) so that I can search for one and buy it.  Does anyone recognize this format?  

Jeff Dreibus

The  Old Carb Doctor

1732569659_STROMBERGDOWNDRAFTJETSPECS.thumb.jpg.c7160d57955966be168d562402e7e682.jpg

Jeff,

It may be from a "Motors Auto Repair Manual", they have very similar charts to these in some of the copies I have. If you can tell me which car you need the info for, I will see if it is in any of the copies I have. Viv

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It is from a National Service Manual.

EDIT: Jeff - just reread your first post. I believe National started as Reed with the wiring diagrams back in the 'teens. There are several manuals from this time, and they didn't start covering carbs until (memory ?) 1930. These are large manuals, and yes, they cover much more than carbs. I have a complete set for sale up to sometime in the 1950's.

Jon.

Edited by carbking (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, viv w said:

Jeff,

It may be from a "Motors Auto Repair Manual", they have very similar charts to these in some of the copies I have. If you can tell me which car you need the info for, I will see if it is in any of the copies I have. Viv

Thanks, Viv.  What I am working on is a Stromberg EE-22 10-6 for 1934 Packard Super 8.  It is sizes of all jets and power valve drilling in which I am most interested.

Jeff

Edited by carbdoc (see edit history)

Hi Jeff,

My copies of Motors auto repair manual (1946) go back to 1935. The info in them are for the model EE23 Stromberg so I don't think will be of help.

You will need to find an earlier version of the book than the one I have. Good luck in your search.

Viv

My MoTors manual collection goes back quite a ways.

If needed I can take a look with a little coaching. I dont use the earlier ones very often and am at a loss to remember just how far back they go.

I think earlier than 37 though.

The books are at a different place than the computer so if you want me to look let me know.

On 1/8/2020 at 9:30 AM, carbdoc said:

Thanks, Viv.  What I am working on is a Stromberg EE-22 10-6 for 1934 Packard Super 8.  It is sizes of all jets and power valve drilling in which I am most interested.

Jeff

I seem to have those specs for a 1938 Packard EE-22. Doubt those will help you, though.

I finally found the pages I needed --- here they are!

http://restorecarsclassifieds.com/wiki/search.php?action=articles_simple&phrase=1934+stromberg+downdraft+carburetor+jet+specifications&search_kind=and

After much trial and error, I searched "1934 stromberg downdraft carburetor jet specifications" on the restorecarsclassifieds site and that is what I got.  I suppose that similar results could be obtained searching other years/brands of carburetors as needed.

Thanks to everyone for their responses!

Jeff Dreibus

The Old Carb Doctor

• Like 3