Please Identify this Car

carmel7688

Could someone please identify this car?

It is from the late 40's (possibly early 50's, but I doubt it).

I know it's not much to go off of, but I'm hoping I can get a model kit of it and make it for my dad.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you all.

172247764_2009-01-2820_19_14.jpg.fd1bebfb717cd42eb0de495d71582ad4.jpg

While there is no 1940 Dodge available in plastic, AMT did a 1941 Plymouth. It's the closest you will likely get any time soon. While it has not been issued since the early 1990s, it's not a particularly rare kit, you should be able to find one on eBay or through the large model retailers without much trouble. I missed out on adding a second to my stash at the large model convention in Toledo this past October for $5 because the dealer was busy and I forgot to go back for it, for example.  

• Like 2

On 1/7/2020 at 4:21 PM, carmel7688 said:

Could someone please identify this car?

It is from the late 40's (possibly early 50's, but I doubt it).

I know it's not much to go off of, but I'm hoping I can get a model kit of it and make it for my dad.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you all.

172247764_2009-01-2820_19_14.jpg.fd1bebfb717cd42eb0de495d71582ad4.jpg

I’m sure Keiser has correctly ID’d this car, but when I look at it, my first thought is a 1941 Studebaker Commander.  Something about the trim on the side of the hood....

edit - not Studebaker at all, Parking light location wrong.  Keiser had it right to begin with - I stand corrected.

Edited by Dosmo (see edit history)

59 minutes ago, Dosmo said:

I’m sure Keiser has correctly ID’d this car, but when I look at it, my first thought is a 1941 Studebaker Commander.  Something about the trim on the side of the hood....

edit - not Studebaker at all, Parking light location wrong.  Keiser had it right to begin with - I stand corrected.

That trim is the hood handle.

1940 Dodge hood (2).jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)